Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Vale - kimfree

wendy55
wendy55 Member Posts: 774
edited April 2018 in Metastatic breast cancer
Just wanted to let everyone know in the metastatic world, another beautiful lady received her angel wings on April 8th - Kim was diagnosed in 2010 with mets and I got to know her through the NSW Telephone Support Group for Women with MBC, she also wrote a lovely piece for the Inside Story , Winter of 2017 - Filling Up My Happiness Cup,
I will miss you my friend, so pleased that we were able to meet 4 years ago and share our stories,
Kim was 55 years young.
Wendy55

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I don't want to be yet another who views this post and retreats without responding; the wretched thing is that I have nothing constructive to say except that I'm sorry you lost your friend. This is a mongrel disease. Marg xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    My condolences Wendy. So very hard. It hits us all in the gut reading something like this, but for you to lose a friend is brutal. Look after yourself. K xox
  • Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    Sad news indeed, Wendy. Condolences to you and all her family and friends..... Pam
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Condolences to you and to those who were close to her.
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    @wendy55 - so sorry to hear of the passing of Kim - she sounds like she was a wonderful woman and inspired and supported many
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    So sorry to hear of your friends passing @wendy55 like @Zoffiel says it’s a bloody mongrel of a disease. But what a blessing to have such a dear friend in your life who has left you with such fond memories. RIP Kim. Big hug to you Wendy and her friends and family. Margie xx
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    We ask why dont we.some just have to go to do another job.xx
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Sorry too that you have lost a friend . 55 years young,so sad...........condolences to you and her family xox
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Kim. The friendships we make and the stories we share are one shining light in this whole ordeal, and it sounds as though you shared a special connection that will never be dimmed. Hugs, Jane xx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    So sorry to hear of the passing of your friend Wendy. She sounds like a special person and I’m sure your friendship enriched you both.
    Jane x
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Thinking of you XO
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @wendy55 so sorry to hear the news of your loss
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @wendy55
    my deepest sympathies go out to you.  It's never easy when someone we know passes 
    Sending you a virtual hug
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It's hard to see someone die too soon, but also inspiring how they lived in spite of their diagnosis. Vale Polixeni Papapetrou, a gifted and courageous Melbourne artist who died yesterday. She was 57.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Thinking of you Wendy & Afraser ..... so sad.

Big hugs coming your way xxx