Anyone had TNBC second time in opposite Breast

Options
Tripple QLD
Tripple QLD Member Posts: 18
edited April 2018 in Newly diagnosed
Hi all,
I'm 34 and its been about 1yr and 4 months since my first diagnosis of TNBC in Left breast and my first post on here titled "Help so stressed 5cm TNBC". Had mastectomy and aux clearance 4AC and 12 Taxol chemo and 25 radiation compleated in Nov2017. Now I found a lump in my other breast (right) and it is sore just like the first cancer in the left breast was so I'm so scared. My periods just started again and are a bit over the place but I've only had them back for about 2months so I'm hoping it's just the hormones. I will be asking to get scanned again as I had a PET 4weeks after finishing everything in November 2017 which was clear. Has anyone had TNBC in their opposite breast soon after first one? I don't think we could take it again let alone so soon. I really hate all this waiting and having to see dr for referral and then see whoever then someone else just to get a bloody scan but I'll do my best to see what they can do.  I just saw my oncologist 4weeks ago for 6months check up and it was smaller and just felt a little sore and like a milk duct so I don't mention it because I thought it was just my periods doing it but I'm sure it's bigger now (could be from me being soo worried and touching it everyday but I don't think so) Thanks so much. In a way I don't know if I want to know if others have had it a second time in opposite breast but I'm just so scared all over again and it's getting more frantic by the day but I keep telling myself that I'm just being over the top and I don't want to use up all my scans (so to speak) too soon. 
Thanks for ur kind words . 

Comments

• Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Options
    If you are concerned then make an appointment and get that checkup.  Dont wait for the 6 monthly review. 
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    I will agree with @Tennille. Quite simply,  as concerned as you sound, make an appointment with your oncologist or your surgeon to get the lump checked. Please....
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @TrippleQLD I had TNBC stage 2a grade 3 - 3cm tumor aged 43 May 2016. 4 rounds of AC and 4 of taxol.  in the left boob took it off so I only had to have chemo then 6 months later took the other one off as a prophylaxis. I would get that checked ASAP. It could just be a cyst love but get it checked anyway. And yes every lump or bump you feel makes you feel anxious that’s for sure. Get your dr to call the radiology place  to make your appointment if you have too that always speeds things up.

I know its hard to to stress about it and the waiting would piss me off too. But although it’s not necessary it’s the reason why I took the other boob off too. I’m definately not saying that’s what you should do that’s just what I did.  Where abouts in qld are you love.? I’m brisbane north if that helps and you want to chat. I also work in a gp clinic as a nurse and could help arrange your appointment if you need me too. Just let me know.  Let us know how you go. Biggest hug. Margie x
  • Tripple QLD
    Options
    Thanks Margie, I am sunny coast but at this time am just waiting for my tests to happen so I'm on pause atm. I will update more when I know more. Thank you.
  • Tripple QLD
    Options
    Breast MRI was fine and now am having Bone and ct scans for my back pain niggle. So will update when they come in also. A more detailed comment on my other " 5cm stressed" old post. 
    Thanks for the support. Cheers Nicole.
  • Tennille
    Tennille Member Posts: 174
    Options
    I had hormone positive 7 years ago in right and  a year ago was diagnosed TNBC in left with Mets to liver, bones, ovaries and lymph nodes
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @tripple QLD
    Well that's an excellent outcome. 
    Take care 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Great news
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267