Eyebrows and eyelashes

Options
Lallaby
Lallaby Member Posts: 17
edited March 2018 in Day to day
Hi everyone.  On a more lighthearted subject,  I just wanted to share something with everyone who may have lost their eyebrows through chemo. I was looking a little weird without eyebrows and a friend got me on to this great product called Fab Brows. Had to order it from NZ but I am glad I did as the results are great. I'll post a photo. Does anybody have anything to recommend for temporary eyelashes?

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Love to see a photo! Some of those things I've seen look a fright.
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Lol I tried eyebrow stencils. What a bloody disaster that was. Couldn't get them even so gave up.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Never heard of them, but sound great. I'd love to see a picture.
    Sorry, no recommendations regarding eyelashes, but time, and eyedrops. They willl come back when chemo finishes, in fact they may have been the first evidence of hair returning, I think. Amazing, you think you won't forget, but......
  • Sister
    Options
    @romla Did you put up something about an eyebrow product from Woolies this weekend - can't find your post for the life of me.
  • duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Can’t remember who it was but a lovely lady on here recommended Modelco More Brows and it is a fantastic product whilst you still have thinning eyebrows! Highly recommend it! I purchased mine from Adorebeauty in Melb. And cost was  about $18. Beginning to wonder though what product to use if/when eyebrows disappear altogether. Would love your advice or a photo please @lallaby please x
  • Sister
    Options
    I reckon that's the one that @romla put up from Woolies!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Yep sure was about $14 at Woolies
  • Romla
    Options
    Oops @Sister see above post
  • Romla
    Options
    @duxx1234 think the Modelco might still work in lighter shade when no brows as the gel is fairly subtle but might need a deft hand 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I went back to the old fashioned eyebrow pencil - possibly helped that I wore glasses but worked fine for my not very prominent brows. 
  • Romla
    Options
    @Afraser I tried a pencil but my drawing skills lacked finesse /deftness and found the gel brush much more forgiving -bit like some art media are easier than others for a novice.I did learn from a Maggie T article a soft grey pencil gave greater subtlety than a darker shade .It all sounds odd coming from a minimal makeup kind of person but my eyebrows paucity really bothered me.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I went back to eyeliner - not used since the 80s! - but discovered my capacity for a straight line with anything fluid had evaporated with that decade! Pencils for everything around the eye got me through. Now that I am not wearing glasses all the time, I have dragged them out again!
  • duxx1234
    Options
    I tried Woolies but couldn’t get it anywhere so went on line and got it.
  • duxx1234
    Options
    Looking good! @Lallaby  Thanks for posting a photo! x