Stress Less

primek
primek Member Posts: 5,392
Noting lots of stress with Christmas looming amongst members.
Thought I would share some of the lessons learned in my past few years after crippling depression, breast cancer and losing my Sister in law to endometrial cancer.

What matters in your life?
Connection with people you love.
A job that fills your heart with joy most days...not just an income.
Realising that self care is your job...you can't be there for others if you are broken.
Perfect details....really don't matter in the big scheme of life.
An untidy home is less important than leisure time and time spent with others.
Near enough is often good enough.
Focus on the things that you are in control of...everything else, leave it. 
Think about what will people remember of the day, the perfect table, surroundings and food?  Or will it be the time together or the snappy overstressed Mum?
Worry robs today of its joy and achieves nothing. 
Don't sweat the small stuff.

Take care all...and try not to let stress destroy your Xmas celebrations. 

Kath x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    This is a lovely message at a busy time of the year, thanks Kath. Your positivity is always appreciated. Merry Christmas and I hope 2018 brings you good things. x
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Well said Kath. Enjoy this festive season. Margie x
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    Kath is so right, regardless of how you feel going into it, you do survive and you have the ability to cut the visit short and make a polite exit if it is too overwhelming.  For those in this predicament it is the build up worrying about how it may pan out that can be so debilitating.  

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Sound words, all. I hope you all have a relaxing Christmas spent with those who mean the most to you. That's really what's the most important, after all.
  • JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    Thanks Kath. Lovely sensible words, maybe not just for Xmas. 
    Merry, happy Xmas  to all xxo Janine 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    Many thanks, @primek - A great message for all of us as we run this never ending treadmill of emotions & fears.

All the best to you for Xmas this year xxx

(Tho I am feeling decidedly UN-Christmasy at this point in time!)  MaYBE once I wrap up Keith's presents, it will start to feel more 'Christmasy'!  ;)