How quick should the tumour shrink

Options
Jen79x
Jen79x Member Posts: 125
i think I'm worrying to early but out of interest how quick could you feel chemo was shrinking the tumour ? I had my first ac 1 1/2 weeks ago and can't really feel any difference ? I'm tnbc doing dose dense Ac then 12 weekly taxol 

happy Monday :) 
jen 

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Happy Monday to you too, @Jen79x There seems to be so many variables when it comes to chemo shrinking tumours, its probably worth asking if the intention is to shrink the lump or contain it prior to surgery. I know some ladies have found this process really distressing so I hope things go well for you. Good luck. Marg xxx
  • Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi Jen
    I had the same chemo as you and didn't really notice a difference until after my 3rd round. Like you I was checking often waiting for change and after 2 rounds my oncologist ordered another MRI. From that he was able to show me the changes even though  I couldn't feel them at that point. It was a little reassurance.  Maybe you could discuss this with your team at your next chemo in a few days. They can often notice things before we can. Good luck.
    Polly
  • Jen79x
    Jen79x Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Oh thank you so much Polly rose !! Did yours completely disappear ? Mine has started at about 2.4cm 

you have made me feel much better !!

jen 
  • Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    Options
    I only had a partial response to chemo but my oncologist told me that may be the case from the start as my cancer was ER+ Her2-. My tumour was estimated to be about 6.5 cm with tumours in several nodes as well ranging from tiny to 2.5 cm and scattered areas of DCIS.  By the time I had surgery the tumour  in my breast was half that size and not as dense and there was only 1 tumour left in my nodes and it was about 1.5 cm.  it was good to know that the chemo was doing what I needed it to do. Hope this answer has helped a bit. Good luck with round 2 this week.

Polly