Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Anyone! Have you asked doc for a drug break!

Options
Sam09
Sam09 Member Posts: 149
Hi ladies    Anyone elected to have a break from herceptin/perjeta treatments I would like to hear from YOU!  I apparently  I am on them indefinitely and am 10 months into them on 3 weekly treatments. Working well for their intended use so far all 12
large tumors on liver totally gone out of sight. However now some spinal bone mets to go

Comments

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Sam, you should  be able to have a break for a holiday or special occasion.  Just ask your oncologist.  I am on Abraxane indefinitely, which is 3 weeks on and 1 week off and have been doing that since December last year. I have had an extra week off every now and then.  My oncologist said I could have some time off to visit my daughter who lives in Tasmania. At present I'm starting on some radiation treatment for pain in my hip and lower spine .If my bone mets stay stable I should be able to take some time off for a short holiday. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    @antsinthisdance ...hey to write your own post click on "new discussion" button at top of tbe page. Kath x
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

Sam09 said:

Hi ladies    Anyone elected to have a break from herceptin/perjeta treatments I would like to hear from YOU!  I apparently  I am on them indefinitely and am 10 months into them on 3 weekly treatments. Working well for their intended use so far all 12
    large tumors on liver totally gone out of sight. However now some spinal bone mets to go

Hi Sam - pleased to read your treatment is shrinking some of the tumors!  Yay!  Take care xx