Anyone asking you questions either on the forum or in private messages

Options
SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
This is a reminder that it is not generally appropriate to use the online network for projects and surveys. First and foremost, this is a community for Australians affected by breast cancer to connect with each other, to find information and support. On occasion, we may ask for volunteers to participate in surveys, research, or other projects, but these requests will always come from BCNA staff. Even if they are external, our policy team will have reviewed such projects to ensure they are legal, ethical, and so forth.

Your safety is important. If someone contacts you to participate in a survey or other project, or if someone requests your personal details, please don't reply. Report it to the online network te@Cosette_BCNA  @Jess_BCNA@Emma_BCNA@Carissa_BCNA@Meredith_BCNA, or @Renee_BCNA (or anyone with a _BCNA attached to their name and a role that says Admin, Moderator, or Staff).
Thank you.

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Great idea to repost Alice. By closing the post by Cosette it has dropped back and I'm guessing more people were contacted and may not have seen it.  B)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    I got more questions asked... I posted the above notice in answer ....on the private inbox...
    Very true why I reposted
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    It was I who was contacted....and reported immediately its inappropriate and i didn't like I was targeted why? Because I was a very active member? ?? 

So ladies dont answer and send it on as Alice said. Hugs xxx Melinda 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I was also and Alice and reported.
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    A new member of the community private messaged several members. We got in touch with her, explained the community guidelines, and invited her to contact us privately. We will put her in touch with the policy team and assist her if we can. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt and put this to rest please. 
This discussion has been closed.