heading back to work while waiting for chemo to start

Options
monica
monica Member Posts: 83
edited July 2011 in Day to day

Feeling a bit anxious , as monday I am heading back to work , while waiting for chemo to start. I been diagnosed with Early Breast Cancer on 21/6/11 had my first surgery to remove the lump and sentinel node biopsy on 7/7/11 than I found out that the cancer did not spread to my lymph nodes but is very agressive grade 3 and that on one of the margine they found ductal cell carcenoma in situ to close and the surgent recomended a second surgery to remove further tissue which I had on 21/7/11. I feel good the wound is healling well and i start going craizy at home ,I am waiting for my follow-up appointment on the 3/8/11 that is when I'm going to be refered to an medical oncologist regarding commencement of chemo. Chemo scares me a little bit but I have a wonderfull family that support me soo I will be good. It felt good to put those words on "paper", bye for now. 

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to the site if this is your first blog.  Good to hear that you are feeling well enough to return to work.  My tip though is just to take it easy.  This is a big challenge and with chemo coming up you will have an even bigger challenge.  I have only recently finished chemo - 7 weeks ago - and it will be a while before I can return to work.  Too tired, weary, achey and not "with it" enough besides I want to keep whatever energy I have for better and more worthwhile issues.  So glad that you have a supportive family.  Take care and come on the site whenever you need a question answered or for any other reason.  There are some wonderful ladies on here who are all willing to help. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to the site if this is your first blog.  Good to hear that you are feeling well enough to return to work.  My tip though is just to take it easy.  This is a big challenge and with chemo coming up you will have an even bigger challenge.  I have only recently finished chemo - 7 weeks ago - and it will be a while before I can return to work.  Too tired, weary, achey and not "with it" enough besides I want to keep whatever energy I have for better and more worthwhile issues.  So glad that you have a supportive family.  Take care and come on the site whenever you need a question answered or for any other reason.  There are some wonderful ladies on here who are all willing to help. XLeonie

• monica
    monica Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2015
    Options

Got up this morning ready for work , after I been half of night awake worrying if I'll cope at work,got there and after 2 hour I was in my managers office asking for more time off. Could not cope having to stand up dispense medication and answer buzzers, all the while thinking I should be in bed and someone else look after me. My manager was very understanding and gave me some more time off, was good to see everyone at work but I am not ready for that step yet , soo is take it easy time for me now. Hopefully when I''ll see the surgeon next , on wednesday he will already have my follow-up with oncology team organised so I can start chemo, as this waiting is drving me up the walls. Cheers and thank you for listening to me rumble is out of my system and I feel better now.