Three weeks into my journey.

Options
Miss M
Miss M Member Posts: 6
edited November 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone,
i wanted to say hi  and thank you to everyone for the useful comments  puts on this page.
I started my journey 3 weeks ago when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my right breast after going to the doctor with a suspected hematoma to my breast after a simple fall.

Sadly results came back with a diagnoses of infiltrating ductal carcinoma and infiltrating lobular carcinoma, which means a lump in my breast, milk ducts and in my lump glands, after ultrasounds, CT scans and MRI  of both breast and Brain, as well as core biopsy of my breast and lump glands, we have also discovered it is now in my Liver.

Thursday this week is full results of whether it has also travelled to my brain, fingers crossed it stopped at my Liver.

Then finally a course of action of whether it is chemotherapy  first then mastectomy, or other way round.

Again thank you for all your helpful comment, reading other people stories helps you fell like your not alone.  

Tagged:

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Sad news about the liver. Hoping  all clear everywhere else. you mind  must he in a spin with so much going on. know we are here for you to support you any way we can. Kath x
  • ScorpionQueen
    ScorpionQueen Member Posts: 768
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have mets to your liver.... Like Kath said, we are here for you... There is a group on here that supports ladies with secondary breast cancer too... Sending you love and light for easy days
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    You are certainly not alone. You'll have your up days and your down days, but you are not alone. Remember there are no silly questions, the devil is in the details and if you want information, ask for it. xxx M
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hi Miss M, So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Wishing you the best possible results for Thursday. Sending positive healing vibes that your BC has not advanced any further. Xx 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    hi there miss M feel free to vent ask questions or ask for feedback and advice on this forum. I stayed off for a while and am glad I'm back on. Best of luck tomorrow sending you a big hug and lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. Margie xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    What a huge thing to find out. If it was me, I think I would just get the mastectomy done while I was up to it. At least that's a quick positive step before weeks of chemo. Liver you really can't tell on that one until treatment is underway. Some are fine a decade later with treatment and some just fade away. A good bonus would be for it not to be in the brain. We're here for you. <3
    Share Member Posts: 217
    Options

Hi @Miss M - wow, what a huge shock this all must be for you. You have come to the right place, so welcome.

I guess you were completely railroaded after finding your Initial bc diagnosis was secondary bc - less common than I thought after attending the forum in Sydney last month.

Well, membership of this club is not exclusive - it really is one that none of us want to be a part of in many respects - but feel free to vent, get feedback, ask lots of questions.

The BCNA online staff are pretty helpful too - I have only been an online forum member just over a month.   

Thinking of you re: the rest of your results tomorrow.

Sheryl x

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Miss M - without your simple fall you may not have been diagnosed so soon.  I am so sad you have had to join us, but we will always be here to support you.At least you know what you are dealing with and can start treatment as soon as possible.  I am so sorry it has travelled to your liver, and hope your brain scans come back clear.  What an awful shock for you.  Just take things one day at a time.  Sending you a big hug.  Stay in touch.  xx  Michelle
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    Options
    Wow! Tomorrow's going to be a big one. Have you been able to find the information around BCNA and the Hope and Hurdles pack? Let us know if you need any help with anything at all.

My absolute best hopes for a Thursday filled with clear results.
  • Shaylls
    Shaylls Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Almost 3 weeks into my journey also Miss M. Life can certainly turn around for us pretty quickly can't it. Thinking of you. One day at a time. Thankfully we have all this amazing support around us. Keep us updated with how things are travelling xxx
    Shaylee
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    So sorry to about your diagnosis Miss M - sending you positive thoughts and all the luck tomorrow that your cancer hasn't progressed any further.  It is just shattering how life can be turned upside down so quickly, but we are all here for you.  Jane xx
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    Options
    Hi there Miss M - I just wanted to jump in and welcome you to the online network. Along with some of the support & resources mentioned by other members above, I just wanted to let you know there is also a group in the network called living with metastatic breast cancer. If you did want to have a look you can find the group here http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer and if you need any help working your way around the network, please just let me know - jess x
  • Miss M
    Miss M Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone for thier kind words and support.
    after hospital visit today , I have a little more direction of how my treatment will look. Results came back with secondary cancer is only been found in my liver, so I will start aggressive chemotherapy next week for 3-6 month they are suggesting, then surgery to remove my breasts. So time will tell how my body reacts to the treatment, but I'll stay positive that I will stay as fit and healthy as I fell at the moment. 
    Thanks again to everyone of their support. 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey Miss M, That is in it's own way some very good news. Please keep us up to date with how you are doing. Wishing you all the best. Xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Glad to hear  it's nowhere else.  Hope all goes well with chemo and we would love an update how all is going.