This week we have 18 new members. Please help me welcome @caseymmcc, @susieq2, @breast65, @el46 and all our other new members.
Each week we have lots of different discussions take place in the online network. These can include questions, updates, celebrations and so much more. Here are some conversations this week you may have missed:
- @ccasper - Fertility post chemo
- @wndsrfn - 2nd year check up
- @becmac - Annual scans and stereotactic biopsy
- @wendh67 - On line support friends
News & events
- Tamoxifen added to PBS for women at increased risk of breast cancer. To read more click here.
- Do you know someone who has a disability and has been affected by breast cancer? BCNA would like to understand what information and support people with a disability who have breast cancer need. We also are interested in the breast cancer information and support needs of people who support people with a disability. To find out more information click here.
- Newcastle Information Forum - Tuesday 11th October. To register click here
Our partners & supporters
BCNA is fortunate to have partners and supporters that help us ensure we deliver our programs and services free of charge to Australia's affected by breast cancer.
Florsheim has just released a new BCNA range of shoes for men and woman. Our Partnerships Coordinator, Zoe Jennings, tells us how this idea was born at one of our information forums.
After doing my research on the various shoe companies, I knew that Florsheim was the best fit with BCNA and our members. A meeting was set up and we pitched the idea. Florsheim immediately agreed. They were very generous and I knew it was going to be an incredible partnership.
The BCNA range recently launched in all Florsheim stores. There are six women’s and three men’s shoes. The best part is that with every pair purchased, $40 is donated to BCNA. This helps support our programs and services such as our information forums, kits, and the online network. So head into any Florsheim store to pick up your favourite pair!
For more information about our partnerships.
Active & wellness tip
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can!
Everyone is different so it is important to set
yourself realistic goals and to listen to your body, start excising at an
appropriate level for you. No
gym membership? No problem. Use basic items that are already have. Cans of food for
weights, walk up and down the stairs. Any
exercise is better than none and more is better than less so try and avoid
Here is a little inspiration leading into the weekend from our creative members of the online network
Have a lovely weekend,