Community work

FranP
FranP Member Posts: 396
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

well friday 29th i did i talk about bcna and the kits available to a group of nurses in the area and they were very interested in the kits and my talk about my own experience.. then in the arvo had amanda spillaire talk to survivors and those still having treatment about body image/sexuality and life after cancer. i also showed some new ladies the free kits and they asked about the training and what it was for. 

our local news paper is doing a half page write up about being a communinty liaison and what they do and about amanda from ccv. so will send a copy to bernice..

have sent letters to Doctors/ dist nurses/ breast care nurses/ cwa/lions/ rotary/ pal care/ . etc so will see what happens. and shown a few women how to get onto the site and they have found it great help.

Tagged:

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Well done Fran, you're definately on the ball!!!!  Congratulations on reaching so many people in such a short time.

Keep up the good work ..

Cheers ... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015

Well done Fran, you're definately on the ball!!!!  Congratulations on reaching so many people in such a short time.

Keep up the good work ..

Cheers ... Shirl xx

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015

Congratulations Fran,

How good are you? Where do you get the energy from? I would like just a 1/4 of your energy..I'm still waiting for mine to return..waiting ..waiting. I must admit I do feel a little better every day but still have no stamina. The last lot of chemo really hit me hard.

I'm so pleased you reached so many people out there. It will be good to see what comes of all your great work.

Hugs  Chrissy D :) xoxo