ANY ANSWERS

Options
hellsbells
hellsbells Member Posts: 6
edited October 2010 in Day to day

Have just been diagnosed with Secondary BC.  Had Bilateral mastectomy in 2002, thought I was home free and doing well until May this year when diagnosed. 

Will be 55 this year and feel as if I still need more time here before the end.

Have lots of questions.  Undergoing chemotherapy (six sessions) have finished with two of them and just want to know how long do I have, 15, 20 years or should I not be thinking about this at this time.

Anyone who can help with my state of mind at the moment would be most appreciated.

Helen

Comments

• marls40
    marls40 Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dear Helen
    Noone can answer your questions re time. There are things I can share that may just help a little to maybe ease ur mind.
    I hope u r receiving BCNA's Inside story (mine is in the latest). It is filled with stories from women, like us, who are now living the uncertainty of metastatic bc. They too have doubts and fears but do not allow those feelings define who they are.
    I am now living with mets like u. I was diagnosed with early bc in 1993 age 34. New primaries 2000. Metastatic bone & liver in 2008 aged 50.
    I try not 2 think about time - how long?
    Whateva time I have will not b enough, but, I intend 2 fill the time thats left fully.
    I have my "bucket list". Some small & easily attainable, others long term, large and exciting.
    I try to fill my time with work and time spent with family & friends. I am lucky that I have a friend who I can vent to when things get tough.
    Take care
    Marls
  • marls40
    marls40 Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dear Helen
    Noone can answer your questions re time. There are things I can share that may just help a little to maybe ease ur mind.
    I hope u r receiving BCNA's Inside story (mine is in the latest). It is filled with stories from women, like us, who are now living the uncertainty of metastatic bc. They too have doubts and fears but do not allow those feelings define who they are.
    I am now living with mets like u. I was diagnosed with early bc in 1993 age 34. New primaries 2000. Metastatic bone & liver in 2008 aged 50.
    I try not 2 think about time - how long?
    Whateva time I have will not b enough, but, I intend 2 fill the time thats left fully.
    I have my "bucket list". Some small & easily attainable, others long term, large and exciting.
    I try to fill my time with work and time spent with family & friends. I am lucky that I have a friend who I can vent to when things get tough.
    Take care
    Marls