Yoga for Christmas wrapping marathon

Options
Loucobamd
Loucobamd Member Posts: 51
edited December 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Thank you Deanne and Robyn for your lovely feedback.
Yesterday I spent the day busily wrapping all the Xmas presents, had to do them all, I hadn't shopped until Saturday was not ready for Xmas at all. I decided this year to get lots of little gifts for my family instead of the big practical ones, this meant more wrapping. By the end of it my shoulders were aching and my brain was fuzzy. So I took myself off to a yoga class at the gym. I managed most of the stretches and enjoyed the relaxation. the chi ball is my favorite, it's a little soft squashy ball you can put between your shoulder blades while lying on the floor with your arms out to the side. I found it great to stretch those tight muscles at the front.
Louise xx

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love the stretches and relaxation part of my exercise routine. I use a small ball (don't know if it has a special name) placed at various points on my back to do deep breathing and stretches for the upper body. As you breath leaning on the ball it feels as if the ball is breathing with you. Very relaxing. A great way to de-stress after a busy day! I was shown this by my physio/pink Pilates instructor and it has really been good for managing my lymph issues.
    It is amazing that after a busy day a little exercise actually helps restore that energy balance! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It is good to hear what others find works for them. :) Deanne xxx