Forum Discussion
rowdy
10 years agoMember
questions
Afternoon everyone I have had a annoying past few days. Saturday morning I woke up and could barely walk my left knee was very painful and I was unable to weight bare. Called the doctor and you guessed it no appointments, so I went to another doctor but was unable to get in till 4pm that day. I hobbled in to see the doctor and he has told me to get a mri, not much I can't do until Monday.Spent the rest of the weekend hobbling around. I went to xray place early Monday morning to be told I can't get a appointment until 4pm that day. I go back at 4pm and start to read the questions I need to answer before I have mri. One of the questions is do you have any metal in your body, (Titanium). I remember when I had my mammogram in Feb this year that I was told I have 3 surgical clips in my breast. After much conversation it was decided that I would contact my PS surgeon and ask what is in my breast. Yep you guessed it I have it in my breast and abdomen. I had no idea and never thought to ask the question, so now I'm waiting to see if I'm able to have mri.
Heading off now to see if i can have, I hope others are having a better day than me
8 Replies
- rowdyMember
Hi Jane it just dosen't stop does it, good luck with your colonoscopy xx
- Jane221Member
Hi Rowdy, best wishes for Tuesday, I hope it fixes your problems with your knee and you feel better soon.
I dread having any more procedures too but have to have another colonoscopy at the end of June as the one I had in December, which uncovered a pre-cancerous polyp, means I have to have another check within 6 months. It would be great to go a full 12 months or so without having to worry about the next thing!
Best wishes, Jane xx
- rowdyMember
MRI done visit to independent doc approved on workcare. Surgery booked for this Tuesday. I'm starting to get nervous not looking forward to another anthestetic I had 7 surgeries during my trip and can't believe I'm heading back in to surgery. Life keeps giving us all new challenges
- rowdyMember
No dye with mri just really loud
- primekMember
Hope things improve soon.
- Brenda5Member
That's a very good question about the clips as I have never been informed from my surgeon what went on. I just seem to get his stand in trainee doctors from now on. I would like to dispense with mammograms and ct scans as I am allergic to the dyes and just do an MRI and be done with it.
- rowdyMember
All good had mri staff followed up as well. I just thought I would post as never even thought about what was left inside.Still hobbling around, don't get results until tomorrow night.
- Jane221Member
Hi Rowdy, hope your knee is feeling much less painful.
Your post reminded me that I had one of those "surprising" moments after I had an Xray on my pelvis area for some physio issues after my mastectomy and reconstruction (DIEP). The Xray came back with question marks on one area saying "surgical clips?" I hadn't twigged until I got those results that there would still be clips tying off the blood vessels used in moving the flap of tissue from from my tummy to make a new breast. So, I panicked a bit and while logically I thought of course there are clips there, I hadn't actually been told that they would be there, which might have been a useful thing to know! Anyway, I rang the surgeon and he did reassure me that they were in fact surgical clips (and not his watch or something! lol) and all was normal, but I didn't think to ask what they're made of so will be interested to hear if it affects you having an MRI.
Jane xx