Forum Discussion
Coops
5 years agoMember
Chemo decision
hi all i had mastectomy on 21st December- it was lobular 55mm and multiple lesions as a result I definitely need radiotherapy and hormone blocker however they are suggesting I also have chemo due ...
Mazbeth
5 years agoMember
Hi @Coops, I was diagnosed with ILC in December 2019 - Just under 5cm. At first, my surgeon thought that I may be on the border for chemo, but after talking to the oncologist, I decided on chemo as that was his recommendation given the size. I did neo-adjuvant chemo (4 x AC, 12 x taxol) and handled it all pretty well - I did not experience many side effects and whatever I did have, I could manage. My benefit numbers were similar and I decided it was worth it. My breast care nurse also said to me to ‘throw everything at it’ and that was in my mind too. I know how hard it is when you ultimately have to make the decision.
I had a BMX - my decision - and I am now taking an AI. Pathology showed I had clear nodes and clear margins. I had to decide on radiation as the radiation oncologist said he was ‘comfortable if I did and comfortable if I didn’t’. 😯 I weighed everything up and decided not to. I made my decision after speaking with each of my surgeons and I am comfortable with what I decided.
All the best with your decision.
I had a BMX - my decision - and I am now taking an AI. Pathology showed I had clear nodes and clear margins. I had to decide on radiation as the radiation oncologist said he was ‘comfortable if I did and comfortable if I didn’t’. 😯 I weighed everything up and decided not to. I made my decision after speaking with each of my surgeons and I am comfortable with what I decided.
All the best with your decision.