Forum Discussion
dak2
9 years agoMember
Onco type dx tests
Hi, I'm a newbie and had breast surgery last week for 16mm tumour, er+, 2 lymph nodes which are all clear, no more surgery which is great. Next step is they recomend short course chemo, radiation an...
Ro10
9 years agoMember
Hi @em_24 , I am in a similar situation to you although my cancer was grade 2. I also had early signs of it in one lymph node. I was told that without chemo, I had a 96% chance of survival and if I do chemo, I'll have a 98% chance. It was such a hard decision to make but I decided to do the chemo, knowing that I can stop at any time if it gets too much. My oncologist basically told me that the risks and benefits are equal so he was completely leaving it up to me to decide. If I hadn't had any children yet, my decision may have been different though as I know the chemo may make me infertile. We just make the best decision at the time and hope it's the right one!