Forum Discussion
Hulos
9 years agoMember
Prep for surgery
Hi, Having my surgery on 31/5, i am very scared although its no longer mastectomy but lumpectomy. The 16 rounds of chemo has shrunk my tumour, that is thecreason including removal of lymp node...
Unicornkisses
9 years agoMember
I am going through the same decision process, Hulos, as after my lumpectomy the pathology was worse too.
Various friends tell me to get the other one off to prevent worrying about it.
If I hadn't already gone through a reduction on the good side, I think I would just have got them both off after the pathology showed that the mammograms and ultrasounds had not picked up the extent of my cancer.
I am thinking of having an MRI to check the good breast and then make my decision.
It is hard to decide.
I don't like the idea of being lopsided.
Such a personal decision, just go with your gut feeling.
Various friends tell me to get the other one off to prevent worrying about it.
If I hadn't already gone through a reduction on the good side, I think I would just have got them both off after the pathology showed that the mammograms and ultrasounds had not picked up the extent of my cancer.
I am thinking of having an MRI to check the good breast and then make my decision.
It is hard to decide.
I don't like the idea of being lopsided.
Such a personal decision, just go with your gut feeling.