Catch up...

Options
Gayle Taylor
Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
edited October 2014 in Health and wellbeing
I've passed the two year remission ( September 7th ), and I had a cancer scare that was investigated at the Royal Womens hospital in August.

Whilst I was In America , I started bleeding from the vagina, and given that I had a hysto 18 yrs ago due to cancer, I couldn't understand why I was bleeding. It wasn't much, but enough spotting to put a pad on, ( by the way, in the USA they call pads serviettes, funny story there... ).

I was in America for the entire month of May, and spotted for 2 weeks. It stopped when I got home. I thought maybe it had something to do with vaginal atrophy given I had an early hystorectomy, but I wasn't dry, and I thought maybe high altitude being up in Colorado bought it on.

I went to my Dr within days of being home, he inspected and saw I had " something", so began the trail to investigate. I had a biopsy under aneasthetic, but the results came back with nothing, it's a "something", and the something has gone. Not a wart either. My bloods, and biopsy were of no threat. and it hasn't happened again, except for one morning where it spotted once. I'm not concerned, I had all studies done on it, and cleared of any nasty. Given I'm almost 50 ( January ) and will probably experience atrophy, I'm ok.

My trip to the states was brilliant! LA - NY, 4 weeks of the most amazing places I've ever seen. It thrilled me, and I managed really well! I did however get food poisening on the second night, from an English Aussie cafe in Santa Monica! Ended up in the ED in LA, had the best care!!

And out the next day feeling well enough to travel. I ate a pastie, and on the 3rd bite tasted something funny, so I binned it. Half way through a tour of Hollywood, the bug began. Wasn't well at all!! We stopped out side Arnold Shwartzenagers home, his guard house let me use the bathroom, and helped me to get to hospital. I'm sure he would have told Arni about it, he was a lovely Mexican man. So that was my close call with fame! hahahahahaha!!!

My travel buddy Leeanne was my rock as well.I'm going back in 2017, so much more to see!

Our son is well!, he hasn't had any return of the ACC, but is monitored closely, and will be for life. He is enjoying life, lovely girlfriend, he's driving trucks like he wanted to, and is in a good place.

All my family are well. I'm at the end of my 1st year studies of Community Service, where I am currently on placement with DHS, Child Protection / Family Violence. This is where I will work after completing my Diploma next year. Looking forward to that!

I hope everyone here who has supported me, and read my blogs is well and happy.

All the best for 2015!!!! Gayle

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a wonderful upbeat blog post!!! I love your attitude to life,that really shows through in your writing.You seem to find a positive in everything,which is such a great quality.You really should stay in touch ,( if you have the time!! ) because posts like yours are so important,to show people that this experience does have a beginning and an end,and even with a hiccup in the middle,life can still be lived.WELL DONE !! xox Cheers Robyn