Checking in!

Options
Pink Dawn
Pink Dawn Member Posts: 10
edited October 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Hi everyone,

Apologies. I have been so very remiss. After a couple of years of 'checking out' of the "journey" (got so fed up with that word!) that was mine in 2010/2011, I have just received a notification of a post and returned to find so many messages waiting that I have not responded to. SORRY!

Frankly, I think I needed a break from everything that reminded me of that whole period so I could refocus on 'life' and enjoying the blessing of my beautiful boys. In any case, I am now "checking in" again and here if anyone would like some advice or wants to share their experiences. 

I notice there have been a few questions about my son, Liam. whom I was carrying whilst havign to ensure the 'red devil' chemo. He is WONDERFUL. Such a cheeky and smart little 3 year old. (Can you believe just how quickly the time goes?!?!) Check out his picture below.

In some ways, it is probably good that I did take a break for a while so I could 'regroup' - although I have still been busy behind-the-scenes. For those of you who may be away of Pink Hope, I am a strong supporter of their message and whilst I do not have the BRCA1 gene do believe we should support any opportunity to help prevent others from experiencing the turbulent ride that comes with a cancer diagnosis. My husband owns a hairdressing salon (an amusing irony given my hair loss during the treatment) and we have just celebrated another Bright Pink Lipstick Day there.  

So, here I am, back online with a ready and open "ear". For any of you who may have only recently been diagnosed and are pregnant, please know that there is 'another side'. Now, a few years on,  I look back at that time and can't honestly remember how I got through that period. I seemed to just focus entirely on 'going through the motions' in the hope that my then unborn child would not bear the brunt of the ride. Rest assured though that he has NOT been affected by the chemo. Most people, including the majority of collegaues at my work, still do not know the ride we went on during my pregnancy and therefore only see Liam for what he is - a perfect and mischevous 3 year old with a robust enthiusiasm for life. 

Pink Dawn