To all the newbies "I had breast cancer but it never had me."

Options
MsD
MsD Member Posts: 34
edited September 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Hi all, I haven't made a post in some time now, but felt compelled to write this.  I had my 1 year check up yesterday! All clear and doctors were very happy.

A year ago I was frightened and consumed by breast cancer, had chemo, radiotherapy and now on Tamoxifen. 

Well....what a difference a year makes!! 

I have totally recovered, my hair is growing back eyelashes and eyebrows both back again....I feel fantastic - back running and generally keeping fit and healthy. 

I just want to encourage all the new ladies who are starting their own journey that there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

All the feedback I have been receiving is positive regarding breast cancer treatment.  Breast cancer IS treatable and what you must remember, although the journey can get bumpy it will get better. 

Women with all stages of breast cancer can live long lives, with new treatment always improving and research constantly getting closer to a cure.

I hope I can pass on some positive energy to you all, if I can help anyone with a chat etc. please let me know I would be happy to help where I can anytime. 

I had breast cancer but it never had me!! 

Love and best wishes to you all !!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a great statement.I HAD BREAST CANCER BUT IT NEVER HAD ME !!! You are so right.I am at the same stage as you,and I feel really ,really well.Not only physically,but emotionally too.Also the point that you make about breast cancer at all stages can be treatable.Lets hope that a cure is just around the corner:) CheersxoxRobyn
  • NarelleD
    NarelleD Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations on your 1 yr cancerversary

• NarelleD
    NarelleD Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options

Congratulations on your 1 yr cancerversary

• Silks
    Silks Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks so much for the positivity. As you will remember when starting out on the journey one longs to hear of the good news stories. It is so very thoughtful of people like yourself and Robyn to share the happiness and relief you feel with us 'newer ' ones. It gives us courage and a positive outlook.
    Thank you
    Silke
  • MsD
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you, all the very best to you!!!

• MsD
    edited March 2015
    Options

You are very welcome, we are here to help you along your way......alll the way!!!  Best wishes to you. xoxox

• mgndam1603
    mgndam1603 Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2015
    Options

Passing that 1 year mark is just awesome, I am a bit ahead of you, December is  2 years for me.

I do still get nervous when its time for my testing but have grown used to that as every 3 months they are checking something on me.

Moving on, reclaiming our lives they are all positive things.

cheers

Donna

• MsD
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, It's nice to say "had breast cancer" good for you, I wish you all the best for the future. oxoxox

• MsD
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Donna, yes I can understand that having test done is nerve racking, I felt the same way...however we have to look at it as a good thing, because keeping us monitored rules out doubt.....and it's good to know we are being looked after. All the best  xoxox

• MsD
    edited March 2015
    Options

You are so very welcome, you will get through it and we are all here to support you anytime. Hugs xxxxxx

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

It was one year this month that I was diagnosed and it truly does consume you in the beginning. I have had the all clear and am returning to work mid Sept (for some shifts at first) and I'm feeling great. Love my new hair and feeling that I have found my 'new normal'. It's good of you to reassure the newcomers, the sad thing is, there are always newcomers. Hopefully, with more research being done all the time we can improve on that. All the best, 

Hazel xx

• Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

It was one year this month that I was diagnosed and it truly does consume you in the beginning. I have had the all clear and am returning to work mid Sept (for some shifts at first) and I'm feeling great. Love my new hair and feeling that I have found my 'new normal'. It's good of you to reassure the newcomers, the sad thing is, there are always newcomers. Hopefully, with more research being done all the time we can improve on that. All the best, 

Hazel xx

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi MsD,

Thank you so much for coming back and telling us how you are getting on. Like Robyn said - What a great statement "I had breast cancer but it never had me' - It looks like a lot of the women online have really appreciated you sharing your experience :-))))

Here is a bunch of flowers for your anniversary

• MsD
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you SO very much Diana for the beautiful flowers!!!! What a lovely surprise, I feel honoured to be a part of a wonderful sisterhood and I hope my experience may help others along their journey.  xoxoxoxox

• MsD
    edited March 2015
    Options

All the best to you too hazel oxoxxo