Back at work

Options
NarelleD
NarelleD Member Posts: 57
edited September 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Hi All,

Just a quick update to let you all know that I have managed to be back at work for a little over a month now and am feeling a lot better mentally for it.

I am so grateful for having caring and understanding bosses & work colleagues who are supporting me through my journey as only yesterday we buried my best friends father who died of cancer which started in his sinuses.  It hit home to reality how lucky I have been through all of this but also how much I am grateful for having a job with caring people.  If this had of happened whilst I was still at home and not working I don't know how I would have coped with the news as I was starting to sink into depression sitting at home and thinking about this journey.

Today I am at work & I know that if I need to have a cry I can as the people surrounding me are fantastic.  I have loving supporting colleagues who have supported me even when I was at home.

Just a friendly reminder ladies that if you are at home and feeling down speak to your doctor & your employer and see if there is a way of getting you back to work faster.

Comments

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good for you Narelle.I remember your early days,so look how far you have come.Posts like this are great for other ladies to read ,as you are proof that you can come the full circle.How great that your work colleagues are so supportive of you.But then,you must be a special employee;) !!!!!!!!Stay in touch.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good for you Narelle.I remember your early days,so look how far you have come.Posts like this are great for other ladies to read ,as you are proof that you can come the full circle.How great that your work colleagues are so supportive of you.But then,you must be a special employee;) !!!!!!!!Stay in touch.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good for you. I am seeing my GP tomorrow and I'm hoping he is going to clear me for some short shifts back at work. I was a little foggy last time I saw him but now I'm feeling a lot better. Slowly going crazy at home. I think it will benefit me to get back to work and start feeling productive again. All the best, 

Hazel xx

• Rosanna
    Rosanna Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great to hear that, I started on and off from work, cause I work with my sister.  I found it's tired (too long time with the computer) and a bit hard to concentrate...forgetting things and weak at memory.  I still can squeeze to recall a case, but tired at the end of the day, I force myself to stay alert and smart, tired again at the end of the day.

But I believed it will improve.

Take care Narelle