Be Inspired - Headwear of African Cultures

Options
chemostyle
chemostyle Member Posts: 150
edited March 2011 in Day to day

Be Inspired - Headwear of African Cultures

Let's play dress ups ...

ref: http://www.encyclopedia.co/doc/1G2-3425500258.html

The variety of hairstyles and head-wear in Africa matches the diversity of the people who live on the continent. Different cultures have used hairstyles and headwear to show tribal association, gender, religion, job, and social status. In addition, the various cultures have created wigs, hats, hair ornaments, razors, and combs to aid in adorning the head. The importance of head-wear to African culture is witnessed by the many statues and masks of ancient Africa that show detailed hair ornamentation.

Translation - Chemo Bald is beautiful, it gives us a chance to used our chemo headwear to show strength, personality, believes, the-little-girl-inside, and beauty .. and many more.

Some groups cut their hair very short or shave their heads completely. In these societies, the head is decorated in other elaborate ways; the ears and neck are often heavily ornamented, and the facial skin is painted or scarred. The Samburu women of Kenya wear headdresses of many colored beads on their shaved heads. !Kung women of Namibia tie bead pendants onto the ends of their short hair.

Translation -  going through Chemo, and lose our hair, so we can get HEALTHY again.  At the same time, discover our power as women to dress up with earings, headwear and necklaces, get husband to buy us jewellery to celebrate life.  Add a little colour to my life ... who knows I might enjoy it!

Be  Inspired

Ladies ... Please do post your gorgeos new Funky, Afrian, Female Pirate of the Caribbean look .... we are looking forward to see it.

'Cause you are still BEAUTIFUL, BRAVE and sometime HAPPY!

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for sharing.  I would love to obtain something like this.  Later in the year I am going to Taiwan for the 16th International Breast cancer Convention and I will have no hair.  I already have a beautiful cocktail dress for the dinner (of course pink with black sequins and tuille) but something in shiny black for my head would be ideal.  Maybe I can get one made if I can't buy one.Thanks again for the thought provoking wonderment!!!!XLeonie