BCNA at Avalon Airshow

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited November 2011 in Community news and events

I flew over from Tassie to attend the 2011 Avalon Airshow on Friday. The weather was ghastly with black clouds covering the whole sky, gusty cold winds and some very heavy showers. However, my trusty pink BCNA Field of Women poncho saved the day- and drew complimentary comments from many people!

So, we fly the flag all the time, don't we?

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy,
    I agree! :-) My poncho from FOWL has saved the day a couple of times. I now leave it in my car so I am never without it. I hope you were able to stay the weekend as we had some beautiful weather.|
    Daina

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Daina, no our son had arranged for his dad and him to go to the Avalon Airshow for Friday only, flying over Thursday p.m. and returning Saturday. However as our son is a Forensic Sgt in Tas Police, he was suddenly sent to Christchurch to assist in victim identification at the temporary mortuary, so I had to stand in for him! So we left for home on a cloudless perfect Saturday. Ho hum.

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

You're right there Mandy ... the pink lady pops up every where.

When Terry went on the Murray Charity Meander a couple of weeks ago (on the Murray River from Mildura to the mouth - 837k) I gave him some of my pink ladies to take along for the ride, so when they set up their camp spot of an afternoon the "Ladies" were prominantly displayed.

It was a great conversation piece, everyone wanted to know why they were there and what the connection was - it helped that one of the support vehicles was the pink "beaut ute" .... BCNA Nissan Navara which towed the catering trailer.  Some of the younger guys wanted to steal them and use them as "chick magnets" because there was a constant stream of ladies gathered around wanting to talk.

Got the wrist out of plaster today, all healed, no serious damage.  Will have to wear s support for a while until the strained muscles mend.

Take care ......

Shirl xx

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Gosh that is great that you are out of plaster- that shows you are a strong and quick healer, Shirl. Don't strain the muscles though, eh? Our minds are all too willing but then it comes to the body....

Take special care, Mandy