First timer

Options
Diannes48
Diannes48 Member Posts: 39
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

This is my first time blogging, hopefully blogging is a word. Anyway i was diagnosed in march 13 with breast cancer, it was a huge shock as there is no history in my family and it was the last thing i expected, Breast cancer threw my world into chaos, everything from family, work and finances. I had no idea where to even start but with all the information from BCNA and the breast care nurses i began to realise i was not alone, wow what a shock on my first visit to the breast clinic i was amazed at how many ladies were there for the same thing i was, thats when i knew i was not alone. The breast care nurses are amazing and very caring i felf very cared for, i have had all treatment now and have just returned to work which was alot harder than i thought it would be, alot can change in 12 months.

Tagged:

Comments

• Diannes48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Deanne

yeah support is huge and really needed especially after it all because then everything stops and your left with no contact.

Take care

Di

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Diannes48, Jess from BCNA here - just wanted to say hello/welcome to the online network, I hope the network gives you a place to connect with others and share your experiences. Just want to let you know that If you need a hand with anything just give me a shout : )

• Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Diannes48, Jess from BCNA here - just wanted to say hello/welcome to the online network, I hope the network gives you a place to connect with others and share your experiences. Just want to let you know that If you need a hand with anything just give me a shout : )

• Diannes48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thankyou Jess i will keep it in mind.

• Tim
    Tim Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Jessica, I'm new to blogging but I'm keen to answer any Questions that people may have about my journey , I've been lucky and have reached the 3 year mark.
    There's not much difference between male and female BC apart from the social issues but even that has be very well received by all the people I've met
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry I am a bit slow to reply to your post but I just saw it.I was amazed like you,to see just how many people are diagnosed with BC.Its not until you are actually part of it that you realise the enormity of it.You have done really well to return to work.I don't work out of the home but I am a full time foster carer.I am sure though,if I did work I would find it very difficult to go back.I had my surgery last October and then my chemo.I am on Tamoxifen now,and even though I feel great,there is not a day that I don't think about it,and wonder about the future in some way.However I feel grateful that my cancer was found early,as some ladies are not as lucky.Nice to meet you,and please stay in touch.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry I am a bit slow to reply to your post but I just saw it.I was amazed like you,to see just how many people are diagnosed with BC.Its not until you are actually part of it that you realise the enormity of it.You have done really well to return to work.I don't work out of the home but I am a full time foster carer.I am sure though,if I did work I would find it very difficult to go back.I had my surgery last October and then my chemo.I am on Tamoxifen now,and even though I feel great,there is not a day that I don't think about it,and wonder about the future in some way.However I feel grateful that my cancer was found early,as some ladies are not as lucky.Nice to meet you,and please stay in touch.Cheers xoxRobyn
  • Diannes48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Robyn

Yes i found mine early too so i was lucky too

Will stay in touch

Di