Much better today

Options
Chorsell
Chorsell Member Posts: 464
edited May 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Firstly all of you women are wonderful big hugs to you all ... I have been doing a lot of reading and loving "my journey" kit ... I sat down today with my husband and we listened to the cd and had a laugh and a cry together and a really good talk. I guess I was so focused on what was happening to me that I forgot to consider what he was going through!!! ... A turning point for me was having a major meltdown because the service station was pay before you pump and I wanted to fill up... I can laugh now but I was a bit irrational!!!

I am amazed too at how I have reacted in terms of my reaction to the change in my breast following my wide local excision biopsy... I did not realise how attached I was or how the look of them impacted how I felt or how I dressed. My husband tells me there is no noticeable difference in clothes but I can see it!!!

I love this site and being able to share my feelings and getting such great support xxx

Comments

• MLE59
    MLE59 Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2015
    Options

So glad to hear you have had chance to really talk and listen with your husband, and having a better day today. Even though this roller coaster ride started for me almost 6 weeks ago, I still find it hard to find the balance between 'this is about me' and 'cancer affects everyone in the family'.

I understand the  difficulties in getting used to the new look me - suddenly my eyes seem to notice every little difference between my left side and my right side especially when I am wearing my new bra and light form - I look down and can see the concaveness of the left side of my chest and find it hard to accept that my clothes are hanging ok.

I best be off to sleep soon as I am doing the Mothers Day Classic with my family tomorrow morning - hope I can make the 4k's - the fatigue is getting me and I haven't even started chemo yet!

Cheers for now MLE59