Reflexology

Options
Wendy Stip
Wendy Stip Member Posts: 57
edited February 2011 in Health and wellbeing

Round 2 of my chemo tomorrow & last time I suffered from a mixture of side affects such as itchy rash, sore throat, mouth ulcers, constipation & pain in my mid section. This time I've taken the bull by the horns & have gone & had a reflexology treatment this morning. He worked on my overall balance & concentrated on my stomach (mostly through my feet). The whole session he kept telling me positive things & how to save my energy for fighting the cancer, not in worry. I'm now feeling very confident about tomorrow. My hair started falling out on Day 17, so I'll see how that goes. Who'd of thought one head of hair could make such a mess. I feel like I'm shedding my winter coat. Love reading all the stories here & feel that I'm not alone anymore. Thankyou everyone.

Comments

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015
    Options

G'day Wendy,

Reflexology sounds great.  I have a few books on the subject and have been doing my hisband feet for years. But I cant get him to do mine.

Good luck and my thoughts are with you tomorrow for round 2. Regarding the hairloss, I couldnt wait to clip it all off when it started dropping all over the place. Just think of all the shampoo and conditioner you will save money on and also hair dressers. I just love the wind blowing on my bald head it feels great.

Well have a good rest tonight (if possible).

Talk to you when you are able

Chrissy D xox :)

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great idea.  He sounds like a nice fella.  It has given me an idea for when I start chemo.  I have a lovely spiritual lady come and do a "Lomi Lomi" massage on me usually each month.  It is fantastic.  I must get one before I head back to Brisbane for radiation therapy!!!!!!   I hope it works for you and you feel good after your chemo.  I usually feel fantastic for days after my massage.  Good luck - anything is worth a try. XLeonie

• Wendy Stip
    Wendy Stip Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options

He was a really nice guy & he told me to wake up each morning & promise to do something nice for myseft every day. I think a "lomi lomi" massage would have to be on the list for you. Good luck with the radiation therapy. Let me know how it goes as I won't be having that until I finish my chemo. I think a massage will help get you in a relaxed & positive state of mind before each treatment. Do it!

Cheers Wendy

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Wendy,

How are you feeling today? HOpe you are coping. How is your family in Townsville after Yasi hit? Are they safe, much damage? Scary stuff watching on telly.

I have my #3 chemo tomorrow. Yay Halfway!!!! Saw my Breast Surgeon for 3 monthly check up. She is very happy as am I , with her handy work. Then I had to have blood taken for chemo tomorrow.

WEll let us know how you are if you can. Take care and rest up, dont for get to keep up the fluids.

Chrissy D :)

xox (HUGS)

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015
    Options

Me again,

So glad you are feeling good. I dont think anyone slept last night with the cyclone about. Tonight show be a good sleeping night tho.

Yes we see the breast surgeon every 3 months for 2 years and then 6 monthly for 5 years. With Mammograms every year. Apparnetly that is the norm over here. I thought it was a bit of over kill. But my surgeon only charges what medicare refunds so costs me nothing so I'm not complaining.

Keep up the great work and my turn tomorrow,

Cheers

Chrissy D :)