Hello

Options
Sadna
Sadna Member Posts: 18
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed
Hi,
I was diagnosed with breast cancer just over a week ago and live in the Dandenong Ranges. Looking for local support and friendship with people that have been unfortunate to have also experienced this terrible disease.
Cheers
Sadna
Tagged:

Comments

• Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Natja,

What a great place to be, healthy, happy and training in what you have a passion for!!

I live in the Dandenong Ranges, I use to be work in Croydon so know the area well. Yes, it would be great to meet or chat. I am also on FB, I will look for you and connect.

Just waiting to see our plastic surgeon !!

Love and thanks,
    Sadna
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sadna,

Sorry to hear that you have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Hopefully you have made contact with Natja as she is closer to your area.  But if you would like a coffee and chat, I am happy to meet with you.  It is a very difficult time trying to piece together all the information and make decisions in a short period of time.  I am on face book too- so inbox me

love

Carolyn Dixon

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sadna,

Sorry to hear that you have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Hopefully you have made contact with Natja as she is closer to your area.  But if you would like a coffee and chat, I am happy to meet with you.  It is a very difficult time trying to piece together all the information and make decisions in a short period of time.  I am on face book too- so inbox me

love

Carolyn Dixon

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sadna,

love

Carolyn Dixon

• Sadna
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Carolyn, really appreciate your message. The support initially was slow but now is fabulous. I'm meeting the South East & Bayside Grp for lunch Sat. Natja has Bern great too. Still waiting for Effervescent Easties to allow me access to their group, beem two weeks now :( And nothing from Yarra Ladies in Pink either. Natja put me in touch with a few groups on FB too. With all my appointments, keeping family in UK and friends updated, it's a full time job!!

I have my op on the 13th May so just trying to get organised for that. Had a minor pre op yesterday.

Thanks, once again.

Sadna x
  • Yognat
    Yognat Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maria,
    No need for Facebook, just another way of being in contact.

Are you coming to the Field of Women tonight or the MDC tomorrow?

WIshing you lots of strength to get through the treatment and it would be great ot meet you. If tere is a meeting we'll inform you here but please feel free to suggest one too.

My cancer diagnosis is over 2 years agao and I am just off Zoladex.

Warm regards and a great mother's day

Natja

• mfrizz
    mfrizz Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Natja

Thanks for the reply. I did not go to the mgc or the mdc, but have been watching and supporting. 

Yes, please let me know about any meetings.

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Maria.

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maria,

I hope you are managing the chemo.  I was diagnosed 4 years ago but did not have chemo- so I dont know what you are going thru.  Glad you found this group- although we dont actually meet, and I posted it in the wrong place. There want anything in the area when I was first diagnosed. If you are under the age of fifty there is a BCNA group called Young Pink Sisterhood- the address given is Camberwell- but it is for young women all across Australia and there are quite a fe women from this area.  They also meet face to face at "The Living Centre" in St kilda road Melbourne.  I know it soulds like a long way to travel- but I have been a couple of times and I quite enjoy it.

All the best with your treatment and I will try to stay in touch with any get-togethers.

I am happy to meet you anytime if you would like some Breast Cancer company.

Carolyn xo

• mfrizz
    mfrizz Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Carolyn. I will look up that group. I just make it I am 47!! I found it difficult to find a group in the area. I joined one other one Effervescent Easties but never got a reply. 

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maria,

I just re-read my last post- sorry about all the spelling mistakes- lol.

Look up The Living Centre online- they should have info about their meetings. They also have days of indulgence, massages, art therapy etc which may help you connect with others and feel better whilst undergoing therapy.

Please feel free to contact me- drgarlick@****

I am having my ovaries out next week so I will be out of action for a week or so- but I am happy to connect face to face if you would like additional support as you go through Chemo

Carolyn xo

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maria,

I just re-read my last post- sorry about all the spelling mistakes- lol.

Look up The Living Centre online- they should have info about their meetings. They also have days of indulgence, massages, art therapy etc which may help you connect with others and feel better whilst undergoing therapy.

Please feel free to contact me- drgarlick@****

I am having my ovaries out next week so I will be out of action for a week or so- but I am happy to connect face to face if you would like additional support as you go through Chemo

Carolyn xo