Project Lead

Options
Petrina Burnett
Petrina Burnett Member Posts: 3
edited January 2011 in Community news and events

Well, the countdown is on. In just over 24 hours I am heading over to Cancun Mexico with fellow BCNA Community Liaison Lorraine Woods. We are both attending Project Lead - a training course set up for international breast cancer advocates, by the NBCC (the peak consumer organisation in the US - the National Breast Cancer Coalition). The course covers the science, genetics and research behind breast cancer so that we can make more informed recommendations and provide well grounded input ot breast cancer policies & health care etc. We have completed an interesting online training course and have perused some pre-reading papers in preparation for the 3 1/2 day course. The course starts on 2nd Feb - stay tuned for more updates as both Lorraine and I participate in this wonderful once in a lifetime event.

Petrina xx

Comments

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Petrina,

Just read your blog up there. What an awesome opportunity. Enjoy yourself and learn heaps! I'll look forward to hearing about your trip,

Lee. X

PS shame we didn't do our Community Liaison Training at the same time!

• LeeS
    LeeS Member Posts: 128
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Petrina,

Just read your blog up there. What an awesome opportunity. Enjoy yourself and learn heaps! I'll look forward to hearing about your trip,

Lee. X

PS shame we didn't do our Community Liaison Training at the same time!

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

well done and Enjoy, like the others look forward to hearing how your trip goes.

Regards Moira

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

well done and Enjoy, like the others look forward to hearing how your trip goes.

Regards Moira