thursday 27th jan

Options
sharon robertson
sharon robertson Member Posts: 84
edited January 2011 in Day to day

Well what a challenging few days ........ i have had a bad reaction to the dressings and can you imagine how hard it is to not scratch ...... i ended up back at the hospital because my skin looks like i have had a kettle full of hot water pored on me.........ouch........ also a bit of infection so now i am wraped up like a turkey in a big bandage ...... lol...so hopefully now it will all settle down ......im off today to the surgeon to get my results so i know where we go from here ......cross your fingers that he got it all and that surrounding tissue is clear 

shaz

Comments

• viperviv
    viperviv Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fingers crossed love hope results are what you want or can cope with good luck xoxox

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ouch, shaz!  I've had that dressing-reaction-itch, so I feel for you. 

Fingers definitely crossed for your results.

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

ouch ouch ouch, sorry to hear about the infection, thinking of you today, and fingers crossed for your results. regards

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI Shaz, How did you go with the surgeon? Hope they got it all.

I also found out the hard way with allergic reactions to all dressings. I was covered in blisters and the riped half my skin off when they removed the dressings. They got infected too and man was that fun. I now have NO DRESSINGS on my medical records. Even Micropore tape is no good. It was worse and took longer to heal than the mastectomy did.

Well I know now.

Let us know how you got on and how you are going? We are like sisters here.

Take Care Xoxox

Chrissy D :)

• Wendy Stip
    Wendy Stip Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hope it all goes well for you today.