The last thing to go is your hearing

Options
the Foxs lady
the Foxs lady Member Posts: 119
edited February 2014 in Health and wellbeing

Recently when I was sick, I was too sick to get to the doctors.  That would involve driving 20 odd minutes and I didn't have that ability. 

I had tried to sign my name at the bank and it took me 5 attempts before they accepted my signature even though they knew me well.  (I was transferring money from Mum's account to pay for work that we had done to her house).   

I could no longer say the "our Father" and it was impossible for me to say the rosary.

I am my mother's carer and she let me sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep.

Being really ill, I was in bed in my "cave".  Mum would periodically check me.  She said I slept so soundly that she wanted to see if I was breathing.

I could only describe the "sleep" as deep and dark. At times I would hear the door open but I could not acknowledge that anyone was there.  Engaging my voice was impossible.  I was lying in a tunnel.  Opening my eyes was not possible either.  I couldn't really move as I was in this deep dark space.

Occassionally someone would touch my hand and I could respond then....and usually they would then just speak.

I came to experience that if I was to die, it would be just a passing from one dream situation to another. 

I do hope that when my time does come, someone will be sitting with me talking as I go though.........or my favourite music is playing........

definitely, the last thing to go is your hearing.........