Brisbane floods

Options
brissie lyn
brissie lyn Member Posts: 87
edited February 2015 in Day to day

So glad I still have the internet! it has dropped out a few times. Well, Brisbane is in a serious situation today with floods all around. Thirty suburbs are threatened but thankfully mine is not one of them.

Comments

• moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Lyn,

our thoughts are with you, as if you dont have enough to worry about, and yes you have a clever husband, isnt he handy to have around and your muscles will be big and tough by the time you finished digging lol.  we have a few friends up that way thankfully they are all okay, here's hoping you get through this, without to much more worries. keep in touch and Take care Moira

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynda

Sorry to hear about your garden we are lucky in Rothwell with such huge monsoon drains apart from some surface water on the lawn all is good.Getting into Brisbane for the radiation is now the challenge. We managed fine yesterday and they have rung me twice about tonight but looks like Sandgate road is ok so will just head out that way and if we can't get there will come home. Think Lynn in Strathpine had a wee bit of water through her house. I think Brian is upset we can't go in on the jetskis!! Boys and their toys!

Feel very lucky compared to a lot of our close neighbours only kms away.

H?ave a great holiday are you counting down the days until you leave? ??A?t? ?l?e?a?s?t? ?y?o?u? ?h?a?v?e? ?s?o?m?e? ?g?u?a?r?a?n?t?e?e?d? ?g?o?o?d? ?w?e?a?t?h?e?r??!??

??S?a?r?a?h? ?x????

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynda

Sorry to hear about your garden we are lucky in Rothwell with such huge monsoon drains apart from some surface water on the lawn all is good.Getting into Brisbane for the radiation is now the challenge. We managed fine yesterday and they have rung me twice about tonight but looks like Sandgate road is ok so will just head out that way and if we can't get there will come home. Think Lynn in Strathpine had a wee bit of water through her house. I think Brian is upset we can't go in on the jetskis!! Boys and their toys!

Feel very lucky compared to a lot of our close neighbours only kms away.

H?ave a great holiday are you counting down the days until you leave? ??A?t? ?l?e?a?s?t? ?y?o?u? ?h?a?v?e? ?s?o?m?e? ?g?u?a?r?a?n?t?e?e?d? ?g?o?o?d? ?w?e?a?t?h?e?r??!??

??S?a?r?a?h? ?x????

• brissie lyn
    brissie lyn Member Posts: 87
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks friends, yes, lucky it was not worse I guess! The water has all drained now off our garden - but the pump remains in place ! just in case

Well, hope radiation is going ok Sarah - when you do make it in there! chin up!

Lynx