Working from home?

yetbeung
yetbeung Member Posts: 167
edited January 2014 in General discussion

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for ideas on how I can make some money from home whilst undergoing treatment.

I finished a contract about 2 weeks after being diagnosed, and it's been quite a blow financially and  (?) psychologically, as I hate not being able to contribute to even the basic bills, and even though side effects wise I'm going really well, it feels like my independence has been taken away. 

Has anyone here been able to find decent work that they're able to do from home at their own pace? I'd happily go out tomorrow and work full time, but I start on different chemo in a month and I have no idea how I'll go with it. And frankly, the whole idea of job hunting, selection criteria, interviews and all that is daunting enough when healthy, without having chemo brain and hot flushes at the same time!  

All the "work from home" jobs I've found either seem to be quite unreliable ie. filling out random surveys or doing mystery shopping here and there, or sound a bit scammy, like "I work only 3hrs a week and make $10,000" etc...I would rather not do something like Avon or other "party plan" products as I don't want this to be a long term commitment, it only has to bring in some regular money til my treatment is over, then I'll be out hunting for a "real" job!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, from Bobbie

Comments

• Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015

Like you I have been racking my brain, not just since being diagnosed but on and off for years.  I used to have little business I ran from home but it is very difficult  and ended taking over my whole life.  The only suggestion I could think of would be to find things around the home you don't want anymore and sell them on ebay or Gumtree.  Pet minding might be an option but I don't know how exhausting or if that could even be an  option while having treatment with a lowered immunity.

If you think of something I would love to hear what it is.

Love

Joy xx