My darling is home

Options
Hazel M
Hazel M Member Posts: 708
edited January 2014 in Health and wellbeing
Hi Ladies, I would like to wish you all a good New Year, and especially a healthy one. Had my 3rd chemo treatment yesterday, halfway, yeh! The oncologist was concerned about my swollen feet and my anxiety, she has prescribed fluid pills and I received a call while I was there that my partner was being released from the othe hospital. That helped my anxiety a bit, but not for long, as he told me that the viral infection has damaged his heart and with drugs they could manage it to a degree but it won't get back to 100%. So, we sat down this morning and instead of watering down our health issues so as to not stress each other, we laid all the cards on the table. We are in the process of changing our lifestyles, which includes healthier foods (something that should have been done, anyway,)  We confessed our worries and our hopes to be together for many more years. So, I'm trying to get my emotions in check, stay positive and realistic, it's a difficult time, but I'm feeling a bit better this morning. Thanks for your support , ladies. I say that lot, hey? It does encourage me and that's a good thing. 
Here's to better 2014.
Hazel xx

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good on you what a great way to start a fresh new year by saying everything out loud, your love will get you through and at least your doing it together. Regards adean
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good on you what a great way to start a fresh new year by saying everything out loud, your love will get you through and at least your doing it together. Regards adean
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Hazel

A very special 2014 to you.  It might not be the 2014 that you were hoping for you but on the positives

1.  you are now half way through your chemo and YOU ARE MAKING IT THROUGH. 

2.  You obviously have a partner that you luv very much and they luv you.

3. You are able to sit down and be open and honest about your feelings, thoughs, worries and hopes with each other.  That is a very very hard thing to do which I am sure many of us can relate to.

4. You are still with us all to see in 2014 and you will most definitely be here to see in 2015 as you are obviously a fighter like so many of your other pink sisters.

Keep on keepin on huny, you will make it through.

Lots of luv, best wishes and happy new year to you and yours, Mich xoxoxoxoxo 

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Hazel

A very special 2014 to you.  It might not be the 2014 that you were hoping for you but on the positives

1.  you are now half way through your chemo and YOU ARE MAKING IT THROUGH. 

2.  You obviously have a partner that you luv very much and they luv you.

3. You are able to sit down and be open and honest about your feelings, thoughs, worries and hopes with each other.  That is a very very hard thing to do which I am sure many of us can relate to.

4. You are still with us all to see in 2014 and you will most definitely be here to see in 2015 as you are obviously a fighter like so many of your other pink sisters.

Keep on keepin on huny, you will make it through.

Lots of luv, best wishes and happy new year to you and yours, Mich xoxoxoxoxo 

• Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am so happy for you that your partner is home and that you both were able to sit down together and share all your concerns, fears and hopes for the future.  You won't have to pretend anymore when you aren't feeling so great.  You obviously love each other very much and this, I am sure, is going to give you both the extra strength to carry on.  Your halfway there with your chemo - that is fantastic.   I wish a great 2014 full of hope and wellbeing.

Love

Joy xx

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's terrific that you were each able to voice your concerns to each other. We often keep our thoughts and feelings to ourselves because of fear of worrying the other person but it really is the case that a problem shared is a problem halved. Once you have things out in the open it is easier to work on improving life, just like you are now doing. Working together to make changes for the better will bring you even closer together. Wishing you both the strength to succeed in making those changes and having lots of great times ahead together for many years. Just take it one step at a time. Take care. Deanne xxx
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So glad to hear that your partner is back home.I hope you had a nice reunion celebration.There is nothing you can't face when you stand united.I hope 2014 brings you both better health. Tonya xx
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm so happy your partner is home,and that you have talked about your worries and hopes together.You can now look to the future,and plan new beginnings together.It is a great idea to get healthier too.It is never too late to work on our health and when you do it with a partner,you can support and encourage each other.You are doing really well Hazel.Well done.Sending you a big hug:). xoxo. Robyn.
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm so happy your partner is home,and that you have talked about your worries and hopes together.You can now look to the future,and plan new beginnings together.It is a great idea to get healthier too.It is never too late to work on our health and when you do it with a partner,you can support and encourage each other.You are doing really well Hazel.Well done.Sending you a big hug:). xoxo. Robyn.
  • Hazel M
    Hazel M Member Posts: 708
    edited March 2015
    Options

We are going ok at the moment. A few long talks, and yes, one day at a time. We have priorotised what we need to do and with the help of friends and family we are coping. I have had your poems out a couple of times ( I printed them:) when those doubts try to creep in, I have my moment then I move on again. I do treasure our time together and I am nowhere near ready to give up on that. Thanks for your support, hope you are well, 

Hazel xx