Julie Bache Member Posts: 111
edited December 2010 in Day to day

I love that I can!

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julie ..... I'll play your guessing game and I'll agree with you wholeheartedly.

It will be 12 monthis in January since I was diagnosed and had a single mastectomy and lymph node removal.

Not everyone's choice I must admit,but at 62 it was the logical thing for me to do.  Was fortunate that the cancer was contained in the breast and hadn't spread - as a result don't need chemo or radiotherapy.  I am back on the pill (Arimidex) for five years ... it's a small price to pay when you consider what "might have been".

So I'll agree with you ..... I love that I can ...... spend quality time with family and friends ..... travel .... garden .... resume all of my activities and enjoy life!!!

Take care of yourself and have a lovely New Year

Cheers ..... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julie ..... I'll play your guessing game and I'll agree with you wholeheartedly.

It will be 12 monthis in January since I was diagnosed and had a single mastectomy and lymph node removal.

Not everyone's choice I must admit,but at 62 it was the logical thing for me to do.  Was fortunate that the cancer was contained in the breast and hadn't spread - as a result don't need chemo or radiotherapy.  I am back on the pill (Arimidex) for five years ... it's a small price to pay when you consider what "might have been".

So I'll agree with you ..... I love that I can ...... spend quality time with family and friends ..... travel .... garden .... resume all of my activities and enjoy life!!!

Take care of yourself and have a lovely New Year

Cheers ..... Shirl xx

• Julie Bache
    Julie Bache Member Posts: 111
    edited March 2015
    Options

Exactly Shirl! Despite that I have mets in my bones spread throughout my body I CAN still walk and get around fairly freely so I love that I can get out and about with family and friends and travel and even work a couple od days a week. So I will until I physically can't! Hopefully that is many, many years away! I even danced the new year in though the old bones are a little worse for the wear today.

I hope the new year brings lots of love, laughter, funtimes and good health for you and your loved ones.

Cheers,

Julie.

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

We are a fabulous group of human beings.  Never give up and enjoy everything - just toss the crap bits aside.  I am awaiting my oncology appoints in Brisbane in late January to find out what course of treatment awaits me - I know that I will have radium again and most likely chemo this time.  In the meantime I am just enjoying life.  I used to feel so sad for all the women with secondary BC but now I am one......so I am living with secondary BC as best I can.   There is still a lot of life left in me and I'm going to stretch it to the limits.....even though my prognosis is as yet unknown.  Lets all keep up the good work of ENJOYING LIVING...xLeonie