One Year Today

Options
Janey235
Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
edited December 2013 in Health and wellbeing
20th December, 2012. One year ago I heard those words and I was plunged into a nightmare I know you all can relate to. I remember it so very well and I think it will be burned in my memory for all of time. "You have cancer".

Well guess what. I DON'T HAVE CANCER!!!!

In spite of my mini melt down yesterday and my cold, I feel 'blooming marvellous' today. Ready to take on the world. Well at least another Herceptin infusion :) What a difference a day makes. And a year for that matter.

I was awake last night reflecting on this past year. Some thoughts were bad but mostly good. Even though I still have various treatments and surgery to go through next year, I am breathing again. I'm taking a deep breath and exhaling this year.

Sooooo, I did it again and wrote a poem which I'd like to dedicate to all you wonderful women who have lifted me up out of the doldrums and kept me sane this year. It's not a masterpiece but it's what is in my heart.........

PINK SISTERS

We come in all shapes and sizes
From all walks of life
A grandma, friend and sweetheart
A mother and a wife
We are unique and individual
But in one thing we're the same
A bond has grown between us
Pink sisters we became

We travel this journey together
This roller coaster ride
We're united in our struggles
and walk here side by side
With loving words and friendship
Encouraging and kind
We are always here to listen
Hope and cheer we find

To share our ups and downs
To listen, laugh and cry
To vent our pent up feelings
And ask the question why
Our lives will now be different
But here's something to keep in mind
We are Pink Sisters united
and we take 'one day at a time'.

Okay it's a little greeting cardish but I am not a poet :)

For those who have finished their treatment, those who are going through it and those who are just beginning, I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas with your families and friends and enjoy a New Year celebration that hopefully will see the beginning of healing for us all.

Love to you my sisters
Janey xxx

Comments

• Bearteggie
    Bearteggie Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Janey,

Congratulations on now being "Cancer Free".  What a wonderful Christmas gift.  I am sure your family are all as excited as you are.

Your poem is so beautiful - straight from the heart .  What a clever lady you are. Thank you for sharing your struggles and achievements and I wish you a very happy Christmas and a fantastic New Year.

Love

Joy xx

• Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congratulations on your year Janey!Your poetry is wonderful,and it is always written in a way that we can relate to.I loved your poem 'waiting' as well.I think BCNA should be using your poems in some way:) Keep smiling and looking forward Janey! xoxoxoRobyn
  • Robyn W
    Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Congratulations on your year Janey!Your poetry is wonderful,and it is always written in a way that we can relate to.I loved your poem 'waiting' as well.I think BCNA should be using your poems in some way:) Keep smiling and looking forward Janey! xoxoxoRobyn
  • Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

It has been so generous of you Janey to share not only your anniversary today but the past 12 months with us.

I think you have gained the support that you have needed but you have been able to give back so much to so many.

Thank you for taking us with you and it is so great to hear that you will be able to breath again next year :-) xx

• Lana
    Lana Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That is fantastic news. Very happy for you and your family. Have a wonderful Christmas!
  • Lana
    Lana Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That is fantastic news. Very happy for you and your family. Have a wonderful Christmas!
  • Barbw
    Barbw Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Janey,
    Congratulations on reaching the one year mark - I felt like it had been going for longer than a year when I got there. Glad to hear you're back in good spirits. You won't know yourself when the herceptin finishes. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Xmas.
    Barb xxx
  • JodieWall
    JodieWall Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are beautiful Janey xxx that poem made me tear up.
  • JodieWall
    JodieWall Member Posts: 259
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are beautiful Janey xxx that poem made me tear up.
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hip hip hooray.
    A much different Christmas for you this year.
    Love the poem.
    Take care and thanks for all your support
    Paula xx
  • jenpen
    jenpen Member Posts: 315
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sending you cyber hugs Jodie and hope all is going well with you....xx

• Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I now love writing poems. As I said they are a little bit gift cardish but they mean a lot to me :)

Take care everyone and here's to a healthier year in 2014

Love Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Happy New Year to you too Sue. Hope you are doing well.

Janey xxx
  • Janey235
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It did come from my heart because all you beautiful ladies have helped me so much this year and I don't think I would have gotten through as well as I have without all the encouragement and kindness I have received.

Hope you are enjoying the festive season Jenny. Take care.

Love Janey xxx