strathpine coffee club

Options
Lyn11
Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
edited December 2010 in Day to day

This is the 3rd time I have written this and it is getting shorter each time...as is my patience!....must be the pills!

Today Lyn, Sarah and I welcomed Annie and Lee into our little group. Unfortunately Jo couldn't make it but we hope to see her next time on the 5th Jan at 10.00am. I hope you feel better soon, Jo.

I have a photo of the 5 of us but I don't know how to put it on this page. I will have another go another day,

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, I did,

XXX

Comments

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great to meet up again and share our experiences. Sorry Lyn can't help you with the photo upload a bit technically challenging for me!

I know it's a long way off but look forward to seeing you all again on 5th Jan.

Looking forward (!)  to my last chemo tomorrow - yeah!

Sarah

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great to meet up again and share our experiences. Sorry Lyn can't help you with the photo upload a bit technically challenging for me!

I know it's a long way off but look forward to seeing you all again on 5th Jan.

Looking forward (!)  to my last chemo tomorrow - yeah!

Sarah

• annie6@bigpond
    annie6@bigpond Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Nice to meet you all its good to meet in person and I hope I am able to come again on the 5th of Jan. Sorry I  was a bit quiet but I had a bit on my mind.

I found out my results and treatment the next day also saw Sara at the hospital, I had a grade 3 invasive ductal cancer oestrogen and progesterone positive, and I start chemo this Tuesday! I may be bald by Chrissie Eve, I've had a bit of a crying session but I am over it now, but I must admit I am scared of all the side affects I  have read about. On the positive side I only have to have 4 treatments opposed to 6.

Tomorrow I go to hospital as well to find out what they are going to do about this kidney stone I have I will be busy busy up and down!

I want to Thankyou All for welcoming me into your group and just being here to talk to on line

Annie x 

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lyn!  I'd be happy to help you with posting your picture.  We can either try and do it by email, or you can call me in the office when you're near the computer. Either is fine with me!  -- Just click on my username and you'll see the phone number in my 'about me' text  :)

• brissie lyn
    brissie lyn Member Posts: 87
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi ladies, great to catch up for coffee, I enjoyed it so much. It is so reassuring to just have friends who are going through the same dramas. Annie - sorry to hear you have to do chemo...lets hope it will be straighforward? I'll be crossing fingers for you. And Lee, how funny we have met before!!?? I do remember you well now I come to think of it....if I saw you in blue Fernwood Tshirt I would have clicked right away! Ha ha

See you all on 5th, I'll look forward to it, Lynxx

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Guys, this time last week I was still chatting to Bob about meeting up with you all. Hard to believe that a week has gone already.

You will have had your first chemo Annie. How did it go? I have been thinking of you. Let me know how you are, please,

Love, Lyn

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

hello Di, I am on line if you are as well and I have time to do the upload :)

Lyn

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lyn! Gah! Sorry I didn't get a chance to help you pre-Christmas, we were getting the new shop online and I missed your message till now!   However!  I see you managed it all on your own, so, well done -- pic looks great. :)

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

no worries! We are missing Jo as she wasn't able to come that day but our next "date" is on the 9th Feb so hopefully she can make it then and we will get a snap of all of us. If you are ever up this way we will have a special get together!!  :o)

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh, excellent idea, it's a date! :)  If you have any trouble with the new pic (or need it cropped to fit) just send it over.