Sue

Options
suemcivor
suemcivor Member Posts: 2
edited December 2010 in Day to day

I'd really like to hear from other women who have had triple negative breast cancer

Comments

• Anabel
    Anabel Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sue

I also have a triple negative cancer. Mine was diagnosed in October this year. I had a lumpectomy to have the lump removed and the surgeon also took 7 nodes. The lump was 2.5cm, only one node was involved the others were clear. The follow up for me will be Chemotherapy  and then followed by radiation therapy however I have not yet seem the radiologist as I am undergoing chemo at the moment. My first one was on the 23 November. 

It's all very daunting when you first find out and then all of a sudden you are having lots of tests and the time just disappears. There is also lots of information and help available so you only have to ask.

Keep smiling Anabel 

• Anabel
    Anabel Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Megs,

Sounds like you have had a battle yourself with breast cancer. 

I also have a Triple Negative cancer. Mine was diagnosed in October this year so I have had the lumpectomy and now having chemo. I have to decide on further surgery to have a partial/full mastectomy or go down the radiation therapy track or possibly both??? I have no idea myself as I still have to see the radiation doctor.

Can I ask  you why you decided on the mastectomy after the lumpectomy? Did you then have radiation therapy? Did the doctor recommend one over the other? I am at the decision stage myself now as to what to do next.

I hope all is going well for you now and you are all clear. This is my focus to just have the treatments all finished so I can get on with my life.

Take care Anabel 

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sue and welcome to the online network. :)

Have you tried using the site-wide search? Just type 'triple negative' or other key words into the search field (top of the page, just above the main navigation where it says 'start your search here').  When the results come back, look at the right of each listing and you'll see which are website pages, and which are blog posts.  If you click through to the blog posts, you'll find others who have posted on the topic, and you can then send a personal message if you would like to make contact.

Hope that helps.

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sue and welcome to the online network. :)

Have you tried using the site-wide search? Just type 'triple negative' or other key words into the search field (top of the page, just above the main navigation where it says 'start your search here').  When the results come back, look at the right of each listing and you'll see which are website pages, and which are blog posts.  If you click through to the blog posts, you'll find others who have posted on the topic, and you can then send a personal message if you would like to make contact.

Hope that helps.

• eviealison
    eviealison Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sue, 

I'm a triple neg girl myself as well. I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast cancer with the triple neg stuff on top of that when I was 26. I also had the works - chemo, mastectomy, more chemo then radiation. I wasn't given a choice about the mastectomy because of how aggressive the tumor was. I also had a reconstruction a year after I finished treatment. 

Any questions let me know and I'll try to help :) 

x evie 

• megssie
    megssie Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

hey Anabel sorry for the delayed reply havent had interent access, silly telstra... lost of questions!!!! so heres my number 0437299338 thought it would be easier if we chat  over the phone as we can have a proper chat!!!! hope to hear from u soon

Megs xx