Cancer, a death, and moving house

Options
NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited August 2013 in Health and wellbeing

Just after Cancer treatment finished, we lost a good friend of ours, who was fit,  and 42 yo, and now the house we are renting is being sold and we have to shift.

Thanks to the support I have had during my first year in Launceston, with Cancer, I have been lucky to have made some great new friends.

Through the Northern Cancer Support Centre, I have relied on regular Counselling and advice, and go weekly to the "Coffee and Chat" group, which lead to a 6 week Pink Pilates class.  The Pink Pilates Class has been fabulous, and we have all loved the activity and the stress relief it has given to us.  Priceless.  

Will look forward to the free Encore Aqua Classes soon.

My husband shocked me by having 2 Counselling session at the NCSC also, so miracles can happen.

About to start a Rehab Plan via my Physio for returning to work, at end of Oct.

Being shouted a trip to home to visit my parents.  Also being shouted a trip home to visit husbands parents.  Sept/Oct

Taking it all, ONE DAY AT A TIME!  Oh, and we are coping well, thanks to the support and new friendships, of strangers......

Love Bel

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Bel,
    Support is sooo important and can help so much with stressful situations. You are certainly a walking advertisement for this.

Here you are having to face all these stressful situations - cancer, death of a great friend and now moving house on top of it all - and you can say you are coping well!

To feel support from your new friends and as you say, even strangers really helps to change your perspective. To be able to find positives when facing challenges is a wonderful thing.

It is a sad fact that there are probably lots of people not coping so well with life, with a lot less on their plate. To feel alone even if life is going well is a far worse situation to be in.

To be able to come on line here and get support from all these wonderful people, many who are themselves going through stressful situations is invaluable. We all help each other and it is great that we are able to do that.

You have been a wonderful support to so many on here and I am glad that in turn we have been able to support you back.

Hope the move goes well, we are moving ourselves in a few weeks (in between end of chemo and start of radiation), and have lots of support from family and friends to help with this.

Keep positive and remember that we would all be there to help if we could! I'll be sending good thoughts your way to help it go smoothly!

Great that you will be having a visit with your parents and in-laws to enjoy before you head back to work.

Take care
    Deanne xxxx
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey my Bella

You have and are still having testing times but you manage to look on the positives which is great (most of the time of course cause we are all human).  Hard to beleive isn't it that there can be positives following cancer.

You have done well my darlin and I am sure you will continue to do so.

I am very happy that you and hubby are both getting a chance to see your folks again as I remember how much support they have been for you especially when you had your folks visit and stay.  That only seems like yesterday but we know it wasn't.

Sending you good strong vibes for your move as I know it is always a stressful time but always a good excuse for a clean out :-)

I hope the support all around you continues and that you continue on your way to total health and wellbeing and slowly get that chance to return to work and to the job you seem to love and I am sure would be so  good at.

Thinking of you all the time Bella, lots of love today, tomorrow and always Mich xoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey my Bella

You have and are still having testing times but you manage to look on the positives which is great (most of the time of course cause we are all human).  Hard to beleive isn't it that there can be positives following cancer.

I am very happy that you and hubby are both getting a chance to see your folks again as I remember how much support they have been for you especially when you had your folks visit and stay.  That only seems like yesterday but we know it wasn't.

Sending you good strong vibes for your move as I know it is always a stressful time but always a good excuse for a clean out :-)

I hope the support all around you continues and that you continue on your way to total health and wellbeing and slowly get that chance to return to work and to the job you seem to love and I am sure would be so  good at.

Thinking of you all the time Bella, lots of love today, tomorrow and always Mich xoxoxoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey my Bella

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Bel,

I am so glad you are making the most of what is available in Launceston, and your husband too. What a man!! Give him an extra hug eh?

I hope you find a home that will reflect a new beginning for you and return to work, and the new normal continues on.

Sympathy to you about the loss of your friend, it makes the grey days greyer but the sun will shine again and you have great memories, I am sure.

Take special care!

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a hell of a tough year you have had,I'm glad you've got good supports and that you'll have a trip to see your families soon.Although moving house is stressful,it can also seem like a new start- leaving sad memories behind you. It felt like that for me anyway.I hope your next home is lovely and full of new happy times ahead.  love,Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

My best wishes to you in finding another home.  As the girls say - a new beginning (home and work).  Have loads of fun with your family.  they are priceless. XLeonie

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    They say things happen for a reason ,whether to slow as down or just to take a look at our selfs and our life. Well whatever it has dealt you , you seem to have come out stronger , I've regularly read your blogs and smiled each time you climbed the mountain. New changes for you may be a positive. Love and hugs adeanxx
  • Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

No time to ever get bored, hehe, Bel!

Have a great time with your family and we will catch up, maybe at our Xmas get together in December! Love Mandy

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

No time to ever get bored, hehe, Bel!

Have a great time with your family and we will catch up, maybe at our Xmas get together in December! Love Mandy

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Your words over the last 9 months, plus getting to meet you at the seminar was a real boost.  It means a lot when you are "on your own".  Far from it, as when you reach out to strangers involved with Cancer, youre very much in a very big club.  After all, there is always some-one worse off hey!  

xx Back at ya!

• NaturalBel
    edited March 2015
    Options

Your words over the last 9 months, plus getting to meet you at the seminar was a real boost.  It means a lot when you are "on your own".  Far from it, as when you reach out to strangers involved with Cancer, youre very much in a very big club.  After all, there is always some-one worse off hey!  

xx Back at ya!

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel,  I didn't see you at the Summit in Sydney.  I wasn't at my best though so did "lay low".  I am so sorry that I missed you or are you talking about the conference that Mandy held in Launceston?? XLeonie

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, we were fortunate to have Marita, Daina and also Maxine attend our Tasmanian State Conference so Bel met up with lots and learnt how we all support each other by connecting and then growing in our own way! (Is this copyright BCNA haha!?)

Our Ongoing Journey takes us through many adventures, Leonis, as you and I know, and I hope Bel will be able to attend a BCNA Forum or two in the future.

Hey, Bel, it is a GLORIOUS morning today, looks like Spring has come at last eh? All take special care, Mandy XX