Starting chemo next week!

Options
jenfurgal
jenfurgal Member Posts: 24
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone,

I am a 57 year old diagnosed with breast cancer. I have had surgery and my lymph glands were clear of cancer.

I will be starting chemotherapy AC next week (1st August) and will be having four rounds.

Is anyone else starting their Chemo around the same time?

Comments

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree with Evana. Keep smiling that lovely smile of yours and stay positive. I've just finished my chemo and am due to have a double mastectomy and reconstruction in September. I'm glad you have found this website which has been invaluable to me through my journey so far. Being with your family and friends and the Pink Ladies here on the BCNA blogs will help you ride this storm out. We are listening so blog anytime. Sending you hugs and kisses, Janey xxxx
  • jenfurgal
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks so much I have been really lucky so far with the surgery etc so I hope the chemo will be ok too.
  • jenfurgal
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks This website has been a great help already  It really helps to know that other people are going through the same things
  • Louise2910
    Louise2910 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi. I am seeing the oncologist on Tuesday to discuss my treatment plan. I have grade 3 triple negative BC .. Still new to the terminologies but think that is where I'm at... I had my sentinel node removed 4 weeks ago and they were not happy with the results so needed to go back in and remove more nodes the following week. Fortunately these did not have any bad cells so for a very brief moment I thought I was going to escape the chemo treatment and skip directly to radiation.. But my surgeon recommends I go the full hog because this type of cancer may skip straight past the nodes and find somewhere else to attack and we want to beat it to the punch... I am not a gambler so I accept his recommendation - besides my husband and daughter who are right by my side would not allow me to take the risk. I also have two sons who are very supportive but my daughter understands my journey as she works in radiation therapy at RAH...So I will be starting my treatment soon and I must admit I am getting a bit scared as time draws closer.. I know everyone has a different reaction but I would like to follow your journey and offer support along the way. Best of luck next week and feel free to friend request me if you want to stay in touch. xx
  • jenfurgal
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi LOUISE   Its all very scary isnt it. I am glad your second surgery showed no bad cells that is promising. I will be having 4 rounds of Ac chemo and then radiation and then hormone therapy. Mtumour was also grade three but hormone positive.I think having the chemo is a good thing for us bit of an insurance policy. I will let you know how I go with it . Please let me know how you go.