12 months on...

Options
Gayle Taylor
Gayle Taylor Member Posts: 93
edited June 2013 in Health and wellbeing
Hi ya'll... I'm practicing my American drawl for when i go over next year, well, hope to be going! I need it!!June 12 marked one year since chemo ( Taxotere), and my body has played hardball on me since i last wrote. And, I lost two more good cancer buddies, David & George. David hurts the most I think, strong beautiful man, and his wife Caroline and their young family. His ceremony was at Cape Conran on the beach, and it was beautiful!My body has twisted and contorted over the past several months. Im dueto see my rude Onc again next week, so I wrote him a letter outlining all my ailments so he;d be up to speed whn i saw him. At present, I have a scare; possibly pleurosy, at least thats what i hope it is! X-rays and scans monday. Pain is calmed with forte. Deep breath, sneeze, cough, and it kills! Scarlett needs to see me when Im at my worst!. Ive dropped a little weight, can't tolerate any red meat, only chicken and some fish. I was diagnosed with a Hiatis Hernis last month, explained why i was suffering sever heartburn and vomiting mucus in my sleep! So no fatty foods for me! Now this back thing. Ive had recurrent UTI's, endless anti's which some now are resistant and because i can't take penicillan, its making it harder to find a compatibal antibiotic. Im seriously over this!I know all I do is whinge and complain on here, but its important for some to know what can happen after chemo! Census tells me, that all the women i know who have had Taxotere, all suffer horribly on it, and AFTER it! Sure it kills the cancer, but what does it do to other area's?? Anyway, thats me lately. xxxx

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I sure hope you get that holiday to America next year.Sorry to hear you have a long list of ailments to battle with at the moment.It gets abit much doesn't it. You get that way that you wonder what you'll wake up with tomorrow.Pleurosy is not nice-maybe you've pulled a chest muscle from coughing.I've had that and it's very painful,like someone stabbed you.In anycase,all of the above are better options than lung mets.Well it sounds like you only have problems from the neck down! This is the best place to have a whinge as we all seem to have ongoing health issues.I woke up a few weeks ago with bad headaches and elevated blood pressure-never had that before.I've also started to get some lymphoedema in my armpit after 3 years.These seem minor but add them to the already long list and you start to get abit fedup.So I sympathize with you and hope you can resolve some of your health problems.I'm also sorry to hear about the passing of your 2 friends-a sad and stressful time for you.Sending hugs.

Tonya xx