Strathpine Coffee Club

Options
Lyn11
Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
edited November 2010 in Day to day

This morning BrissieLyn and I met up again  for coffee. It is so good to chat with someone who understands exactly what you are thinking. She tells me about her radiation treatment and I tell her about Arimidex and its side effects. It is a fun morning and we both leave cheered up. At least I do and I hope she feels the same way!

Next time we hope to have a few more ladies join in

Comments

• Sarah 51
    Sarah 51 Member Posts: 303
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi This is Sarah I am new to the website and this is my first go that I hope works have had a few technical difficulties with blogging must be the chemo brain!! I live in Rothwell and know the Strathpine Coffee club as have had breakfast there a couple of times.

I had a right mastectomy in July and am currently having chemo at Redcliffe have 2 more to go (4 behind me) and then radiation at RBWH. Not going too badly but my veins have finally failed me and have to get a PICC for the last 2 treatments.

Would be good to talk to some other ladies who are travelling similar paths.

Just hope I do this right and the words don't disappear like the last few times!!

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

we would love to have your company, Sarah51. I had my right breast removed in July as well but I am on pills instead of having the chemo. We normally meet on a Wednesday but we will fit in with whatever day you prefer.

All the best,

Lyn11

• Sarah 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynn

Feel pleased I have finally managed to find someone answering my messages cos there are a lot in cyber space! I am free most days except for treatment days and odd appointments so Weds is good next week. Just let me know nearer the time feels good to find some local support. I have some excellent friends but they don't have breast cancer if you know what I mean!  Look forward to meeting you.

Sarah

• brissie lyn
    brissie lyn Member Posts: 87
    edited March 2015
    Options

So glad to have a new member! Yes, Lyn and I feel like the only two on Brisbane northside who want to chat at the moment!! A bit sad. So welcome Sarah! I have sent you a personal message to find out when is best for our next meeting.  Wednesdays are best for me and we decided to try to meet monthly - but this is not set in stone! Lyn x

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am happy to meet up wherever and whenever......well, maybe not wherever but I will try to get there!!!

• Sarah 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lyns X 2

Thinking about changing my name to Lyn so Northside can keep it's exclusivity!

Thanks for the welcome. Will try an update my profile so you can know a bit more about me. I can meet anywhere as have transport just name the place. Am a bit confused as have lots of messages so not sure which ones I am answering but think you can both read this one. I also answered a message about meeting next week which is fine with me but don't change anything to suit me I can fit in with your plans.

One of the reasons I have been slow to get going on  here is I have a really good friend who is going through chemo for the second time for ovarian cancer and she and I have spent quite a lot of time looking after each other we work together and her hubbie and mine are also friends. Another friend has had ankle surgery and is house bound at Bribie so to stop her going stir crazy we have been up to see her a couple of times.

Any way hope ths reaches you both and I get the hang if the website !!

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sarah, My mother had ovarian cancer but hers wasn't diagnosed in time. All the best for your friend.

So we will make it 9.30 next Wednesday at the Coffee Club in Wesffields...not the main one on Gympie Rd. Brissie Lyn is the slim one with brown hair and I will be the curvy one with the grey regrowth!! Lyn said she could see silver but I am ignoring that as I can't see it!!!, lol.

See you Wed,

Lyn

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sarah, My mother had ovarian cancer but hers wasn't diagnosed in time. All the best for your friend.

So we will make it 9.30 next Wednesday at the Coffee Club in Wesffields...not the main one on Gympie Rd. Brissie Lyn is the slim one with brown hair and I will be the curvy one with the grey regrowth!! Lyn said she could see silver but I am ignoring that as I can't see it!!!, lol.

See you Wed,

Lyn

• Lyn11
    edited March 2015
    Options

See you Wed,

Lyn

• brissie lyn
    brissie lyn Member Posts: 87
    edited March 2015
    Options

See you there Lyn and Sarah - on the 10th at 930. Lynxx ( It is the coffee club inside the Westfield complex.)

• Sarah 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

No worries I'll be there

• annie6@bigpond
    annie6@bigpond Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello, my user name is Annie6, I am just new to this site and I was just reading that you live at Rothwell, as I live down the road near Deception Bay High School. I just got out of Redcliffe Hospital , I had a mastectomy right breast  last week so I would love to chat with you girls on line if a could just  talk to people who understand and have gone through the next stages. I go back tomorrow for results, good to find a local group  

• Sarah 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Annie

Good to hear from you. Good luck tomorrow, I know how nerve racking it is when you are waitng for results. I had my surgery at Redcliffe too.

I know it's a bit soon yet but any time you want to come for a coffee let me know as I have transport and could easily pick you up. Do you know if you need to have chemo yet or does it all depend on tomorrow? I have my chemo at Redcliffe and they are a great group of people there. I think the best thing is to contact you after you've got your head around the results then you know what lies ahead. Remember it's one day at a time and it does get better. I'll add you as a contact so you can read my profile etc.

Thinking of you

Sarah