Operation: wash the wig

Options
Cherylek
Cherylek Member Posts: 197
edited April 2013 in Health and wellbeing
Well I could no longer put it off, the wig had to be washed. It was looking very dry. So, off to the laundry I go, wig, shampoo, conditioner, wig stand, towel. No joke this takes longer than washing the hair on your head!
Today got it down to about 35 mins. Let it dry on the wig stand, blast it with the hair dryer, alternating with gentle brushing. Phew, still not happy with it looking quite frizzy still, leave it dry some more and I'll put some more Morroccan oil in it.

Comments

• Cherylek
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mine is a human hair wig and hair dryers and straighteners can be used on it if you are careful. Synthetic wigs can't have heat used on them at all. I went to my hairdresser and got them to straighten it (took all of 5mins) when I was having trouble with getting it to sit right.
  • Cherylek
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mine is a human hair wig and hair dryers and straighteners can be used on it if you are careful. Synthetic wigs can't have heat used on them at all. I went to my hairdresser and got them to straighten it (took all of 5mins) when I was having trouble with getting it to sit right.