Recently diagnosed

Wendyj
Wendyj Member Posts: 54
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed
I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 days ago. And since then it has been a whirl wind of emotions. I have been told it is in the lymph nodes but do not know the stage of cancer and have been going through tests to see if I have secondary cancer. This has been one of the scariest times and boy do you go through all the emotions. The not knowing is the hardest. You know you have cancer you just don't know how bad it really is. I have gone through tears, laughter, hope, despair, fear, strength etc I think every ache and pain in my body I have ever had, I have felt in the last 2 days, how the mind works. I have also gone through the "it's my own stupid fault". I should have gone for the mammogram 5 months ago but didn't as thought it would be a cyst and nothing to worry about ohh that one goes through my mind constantly. Anyway I have a good network of friends and hopefully I will know in the next day the full results.

Tagged:

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,835
    edited March 2015

So sorry to hear about your bc diagnosis but welcome to this network.Yes, you certainly have covered every emotion in those 2 days but this is totally normal. The unknown and the waiting are the 2 worst parts of this crap journey.Once you know what you are dealing with you can then psyche yourself up and face it head on. I've had breast cancer twice - first time in 2003 and then again in the same breast in 2010.I've done alot of reading/research, soul searching and questioning.My conclusion is that bc is random and often happens to the nicest of people so don't blame yourself in any way or it will do your head in. I've been happy and sort of healthy since my last bc and am enjoying life more. It is a dark tunnel you are entering but there is light at the end of it. Stay in touch and let us know  how you are going.We know what you are going through and what an anxious time this is for you.You will get lots of support here on this network from women in the midst of treatment or out the other end like me.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

So sorry to hear about your bc diagnosis but welcome to this network.Yes, you certainly have covered every emotion in those 2 days but this is totally normal. The unknown and the waiting are the 2 worst parts of this crap journey.Once you know what you are dealing with you can then psyche yourself up and face it head on. I've had breast cancer twice - first time in 2003 and then again in the same breast in 2010.I've done alot of reading/research, soul searching and questioning.My conclusion is that bc is random and often happens to the nicest of people so don't blame yourself in any way or it will do your head in. I've been happy and sort of healthy since my last bc and am enjoying life more. It is a dark tunnel you are entering but there is light at the end of it. Stay in touch and let us know  how you are going.We know what you are going through and what an anxious time this is for you.You will get lots of support here on this network from women in the midst of treatment or out the other end like me.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015

Tonya xx

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015

Hey Wendy

Welcome. I am glad you have found us pink sisters on BCNA but I am sorry that you have to be here.

You will receive so much information, advice, support, love and even laughter amongst all of us and all the posts that are available to you.

We are all here to help in any way we can so come back and chat any time you need to.

I just watched the new video that has just been set up on BCNA and it will show you how difficult it is when you are first diagnosed when you listen to all the ladies telling their story but you can take from that that they are still here looking well and beautiful and are able to tell their story to help people like you and me.

Keep in touch and just ask, vent, scream, cry and whatever else you need to do cause we will listen and understand.

Lots of love, Mich xoxo

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Take every day as it comes . I wish you weren't on this journey but being able to have this site to come to is such a great help. I found a strength I never knew I had to fight this BC and being able to ask of others on the same journey was invaluable. Wishing you all the best Deb.
  • NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015

Dear Wendy, As all the great women before me have said, you are not alone, and we are all here for you, for every question, advice and lots of sympathy and understanding.  I was diagnosed end of Oct 2012 and now here I am, its Feb already.  I still hear my mind say "Still cant believe Ive got Cancer!" but have managed to remain positive and strong, mostly because of the website and the instant responses you get from the ladies on here.  So good luck, and remember - no two people are the same, so keep an open mind, and think to yourself, there is only one me, and not get swept away with all the info!  I hope it goes well!  xx Bel