My Journey Kit

Options
Christine Denniss
Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
edited November 2016 in Newly diagnosed

I just got to say I'm so excited about receiving My Journy Kit today. What a wonderful useful gift!!

Even though It's early days for me and I feel like I have information overload. Any question I might have, there seems to be an answer in all the information I have been given over the last week.

I have a core biopsy tomorrow arvo and then I get to meet my Surgeon - Dr  Ang on Thursday 14th October. I have heard many great reports about her and I am actually excited to finally meet her. Looks like my Surgery will be 22nd October so wish me a speedy recovery , ready for the next challenge - treatment. Whatever that may turn out to be. Taking little steps and trying not to think too far ahead.

Thanks to all my new friends who have made me feel welcome on this site and look forward to lots of blogs to come.

Cheers Chrissy D xo

Tagged:

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

How are you Christine - my goodness it doesn't take much to excite us does it ?!?!?  We get a little box of books in the mail and we're over the moon.

So pleased you have received your "My Journey" kit, you will find it a wealth of information.  What I liked is that it "talks" in our language and doesn't try to bog us down with endless technical jargon.

By now you will have had your visit to Dr Ang - hope she lived up to your expectations ... is your date with her still 22/10???  Don't dwell on it too much, just stay positive and think ahead to your recovery.  We will be with you every step of the way.

Take care ...... Shirl xx

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

How are you Christine - my goodness it doesn't take much to excite us does it ?!?!?  We get a little box of books in the mail and we're over the moon.

So pleased you have received your "My Journey" kit, you will find it a wealth of information.  What I liked is that it "talks" in our language and doesn't try to bog us down with endless technical jargon.

By now you will have had your visit to Dr Ang - hope she lived up to your expectations ... is your date with her still 22/10???  Don't dwell on it too much, just stay positive and think ahead to your recovery.  We will be with you every step of the way.

Take care ...... Shirl xx

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI Shirl,

Yeah I love getting mail/presents. Just so long as they arent bills.

Yes I had my appointment with Dr Ang..wonderful lady and my husband and I really get on with her. She explains everything in easy to understand terms. We have decided on mastectomy of the right breast. Looking at 22nd October but having trouble finding and anesthetist for the op. Apparently they are all booked out. So i am booked in for sure on Friday 29th Oct. Unless a phone call tells me otherwise. Good old reginal hospitals.

So we only had one of the core biopsy tests back for the Appointment - which said invasive mammary carcinoma. Yeah so still waiting on e-cadherin immunohistochemistry and receptor status results. But after Doc had an examination of the tumour she felt it was bigger than what they were saying in the ultrasound. So there you go. Still waiting and reading madely all the wonderful books from MY journey kit. Really love it.

Thanks Shirl for asking. Take care xoxox

Chrissy