Long time

Options
Smiley_30
Smiley_30 Member Posts: 83
edited November 2012 in Day to day
Hello all!!
I do apologize for the absence lately.. Getting my head around things has taken time, but finally I am almost feeling normal.
Im coming up to my 2 yrs, and cannot belive how time flies... Yet dates are very much stuck in my head, I guess for now it's what works for me.
When i was diagnosed I thought, ok!! I can do this....treatment plan was given to me,left mastectomy followed by 6 rounds of TAC..Chemo treated me well (considering how bad it could have been) that's when I started the support groups both in person & online..
I was feeling great (again considering how bad it could have been) and everyone would tell me once treatment is over, you tend to go through an emotional down..I thought NAHHHHH not me! I feel too good.!! But it did happen, it's a little trigger that sets off a chain of emotions...

It feels weird when I'm giving out advice about what works during treatment, considering it feels like yesterday I was the one receiving it...
The best was been told to expect that emotional down, I knew it could happen and I asked for help when I realized it was happening.
What tips/hints/advice did you receive that was overly valuable to you during/after treatment??

Wow, just read it all...hope it makes sense..
Take care my beautiful pink sisters!!
Xxooxo

Comments

• chamini
    chamini Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there

I have been lurking rather than posting most of the time. It is good to hear that you are up to your 2nd year from treatment. I fully understand about the emotional side after cancer. Tomorrow will be one year from the start of chemo for me so I have begun to feel the emotions welling up inside me again. Ihad been really teary over August with anniversary of being told I had tnbc. It does feel really like yesterday that I had the treatment.

I was told by a good friend of mine to let your self grieve for the part you lost. She had also gone through tnbc and it helped me. I've kind of had to deal with the emotions on my own as I had to move away from Family and close friends I had during cancer to other side of the world for work. So it ihad been really important to me to touch base with everyone regularly.

When I feel really emotional I go for a walk or go to the gym. Surprisingly it has helped me become more healthy. I have also learnt to take more time for myself and regroup when I have to.  If that meant I was late with a report by a day be it. Been lucky with understanding bosses who know my situation.

Hope this made sense.

Been really lucky with good friends around me who listen to my long rants and emotional roller coasters.

Take care

Chamini

• chamini
    chamini Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there

I have been lurking rather than posting most of the time. It is good to hear that you are up to your 2nd year from treatment. I fully understand about the emotional side after cancer. Tomorrow will be one year from the start of chemo for me so I have begun to feel the emotions welling up inside me again. Ihad been really teary over August with anniversary of being told I had tnbc. It does feel really like yesterday that I had the treatment.

I was told by a good friend of mine to let your self grieve for the part you lost. She had also gone through tnbc and it helped me. I've kind of had to deal with the emotions on my own as I had to move away from Family and close friends I had during cancer to other side of the world for work. So it ihad been really important to me to touch base with everyone regularly.

When I feel really emotional I go for a walk or go to the gym. Surprisingly it has helped me become more healthy. I have also learnt to take more time for myself and regroup when I have to.  If that meant I was late with a report by a day be it. Been lucky with understanding bosses who know my situation.

Hope this made sense.

Been really lucky with good friends around me who listen to my long rants and emotional roller coasters.

Take care

Chamini