My diagnosis

Options
KirstyK
KirstyK Member Posts: 1
edited October 2012 in Day to day
Where to start....

What a year....

In January this year, my husband had an accident building some gates for our house - he managed to cut off two of his fingers..... Ok we got through that!!

In march this year, we bought the house of our dreams and then madly began doing up our current house to sell....ok we got through that!

In may this year my mother in law was diagnosed with bowel and liver cancer....ok we are dealing with that!

In June this year, 3 days before our house went to auction, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.....ok we are dealing with that!!

Since then, I have had two operations, 4 rounds chemo, moved house, worked (bc I can't afford not to with our new big mortgage), and am about to start radio.....

It has definitely been a roller coaster - I never thought I would be dealing with losing my hair etc. The main symptom for me has been the hormonal and emotional state I live in - oh and the memory loss or chemo brain.

Life goes on though - my kids make sure of that!!

For the most part - I am ok - sometimes I even feel a bit invincible - like if I can get through this, I can get through anything! My main motivation is to do it for my girls - I have to see them over the line - they are only 7 and 10 so need me for a few years yet!

My husband has been mostly amazing!! He is dealing with me and his mum - oh and his sister has ms!!

I have found out who I can rely on - some friends have been amazing and a couple have quietly drifted away. Work have been terrific!!!

The surgeon, hospital, oncologist etc have been really good too!!

So my experience would be mostly positive - cancer is not going to stop my life!!!