BCNA National Conference - Just around the corner!

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited October 2012 in Community news and events

After a year of planning and anticipation we are about to host the biggest gathering of BCNA women and their supporters since the National Conference held in 2004.

BCNA National Conference: Strength to Strength now has just over 630 registrations.  We are so happy that so many of you are able to join us in Sydney on Oct 25 and 26.

The program looks fantastic and having a conference in partnership with the Sydney International Breast Cancer Conference means we have an outstanding range of speakers who are literally world renowned.

Plus we are going to have fun, catching up with friends and meeting new ones.  Looking forward to seeing you in the Harbour City!

For those who can’t attend we will make sure that information from the conference is shared as soon as possible following. 

Best wishes
Maxine

Comments

• Nipp_less
    Nipp_less Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options

Soooo looking forward to the conference, a chance to meet fellow

survivors and find out the latest news on Breast cancer recovery.

I'm coming all the way from Hong Kong and I know this conference will

be worth it!!!!

• Nipp_less
    edited March 2015
    Options

be worth it!!!!

• Nipp_less
    edited March 2015
    Options

be worth it!!!!

• Maxine
    Maxine Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow all the way from 'Honkers'!!

• Leslie G
    Leslie G Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options

Looking forward to enjoying the conference and everything that goes with it.  I know how hard your team has been working to create an exceptional event for all the members.  It's heartwarming to see such a committed group ensuring that the Strength to Stregth Conference will be educational and supportive with a bit of dancing thrown in!!!   Thank you in anticipation.  Can't wait to get there. 

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Maxine

It all sounds so exciting and I am sooooo looking forward to it and catching up with everyone and learning new things and just being able to be a part of something so special and so important to all us females out there.

Looking forward to saying "Hi" to you all very soon.

Mich xoxo

• Nipp_less
    edited March 2015
    Options

I was just thinking about the same thing last night when I was crawling into bed early. How am I going to get by with out my usual afernoon nap after lunch at the conference and then out again on Thursday night for the Gala dinner and back at the conference on Friday!!! But then I thought I will be running on adrenaline from the excitement of being there listening, learning and hopefully laughing!!!  So if you see me nodding off over my dinner just give me a nudge and say "wake up Kimmy"

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Kimmy, Kimmy look at meeeeee while I tell you I have had exactly the same thoughts going through my head for the last few days.

I have been pushing myself for the last few days, cause as they say I am supposedly getting well and getting fitter  and need to get out there and do these thingsmmmmmmmmm (or is that the lil voice in my head telling me I need to, want to, have to do this NOW!!! - mmmmm that sounds more like it....... 

Take today and the last few days for instance, I had got up at 6.30am, done my 30 mins, fed the animals, fed myself, went and bought an anniversary card to post to my hubby by express mail cause I worried it won't get to him by our anniversary next Monday, went to shop to buy food for dog, came home and thought I need a nanna nap and I am talkin about it now only being 10.30am in the morning.  Anyway I made the silly mistake of laying down in my bed and I actually slept for 2 hours!!!!!!  I can't believe it.  I knew I was tired and had been trying to do all the things I haven't been able to do around the house for the last umpteen months BUT i  didn't think I was that!!! tired. 

I wonder if BCNA will cater for us with lil blankies and pillows for us to have a snooze somewhere in a corner.  Maybe they will have an organised nap time like they do at day care or when you are in hospital, what ya reckon?? :-)

But I am like you and sure that we will be running on adrenalin and enjoying the excitement of the moment to be sharing such a lovely special event where all us pink sisters can come together and without even speaking a word understand where we are coming from, where we have been and where we are heading in the future.

So I am with you sister and it is gunna be "forget them afternoon nanna naps" cause they can wait till I am back home and away from all the love, comaraderie, understanding and friendship that we have all found through this site and will continue to find through the conference I am sure and the great dinner/evening we are gunna have together.

I am So looking forward to it and meeting you and all my pink sisters.

C U SOON, LOL, Mich xoxo

• Nipp_less
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you are going to stay awake and have some fun !!! I have been having a giggle reading your blog , it all sounded very familiar to me :)) i'm thinking of packing a little blankey and pillow ( pink of couse) and sneaking a quick 10 minute snooze in a quiet corner after lunch !!! I'll keep an eye out for you Mitch , just to check your not oversleeping again !!
  • Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Glad I gave you a giggle Kimmy.  Don't think there will be room in my suitcase for pillows but maybe I can borrow yours and we can do a tag team, you nap first and then me hee hee.

Keep on smiling.

Mich xooxox

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Have fun everyone! I didn't book because of my recent surgery - maybe next year!

Jenn
  • Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Have fun everyone! I didn't book because of my recent surgery - maybe next year!

Jenn