Just to let you know what I've been up to

Options
helen anne
helen anne Member Posts: 265
edited October 2012 in Day to day

Hi girls

Hope this post finds everyone well.  You've all been so busy...with various events, talks and media activity - it's great to hear. I'm so proud to read of everyone's activities - we certainly are continuing our dynamic little group.

Thought I'd give you another update and tell you what I've been up to as well.

Our dear Merylee is still recovering (poor luv) but she did manage to get to Tracey's Pink Lady Luncheon today and said it was a lot of fun and a great time was had by all.

Well done to Tracey for holding the event and well done to Merylee (and her mum) for attending - especially so soon after her op.

Unfortunately I couldn't go to Tracey's lunch today (although originally I planned to) as I was honoured to be asked by the BCNA to speak at their official Mini Fields in conjuction with Baker's Delight.

This was held at the Rivoli Cinemas in Camberwell and was well attended.  I'm going to post some pictures for you to see.  My talk went well (although I was nervous) and I had a powerpoint presentation with photos of my journey.

Maxine Morand opened the event, then I spoke, then Kirsten spoke.  There was also a lovely video they launched which is about the partnership of Baker's Delight and BCNA.  It's going to be used at all Baker's Delight inductions from now on.  It was very moving.

Kirsten had her mum and little Oscar there - remember Oscar from our training....well he's just as gorgeous as ever and I'm 100% positive his first word will be PINK!  LOL!  The poor kid is surrounded by pink 24/7!!!

I got home about 1pm and then had a telephone interview with the press at 2.30 pm.

Tomorrow I have two photographers coming to take my photo - one is for the press and the other for Eastern Health.

Eastern Health is the corporate body that I used to work for (ironic!) and they run the Box HIll Hospital as well as Maroondah (where Merylee is treated) and other public hospitals in the Eastern Region.

The first story the paper is running will be about the fundraiser I'm holding for the Oncology ward at Box Hill Hospital.  The second story they are running (which will be printed in the last week of October to coincide with my 1st yr anniversary of my diagnosis) will be about me becoming a Community Liaison.

Eastern Health's photographer is taking my photo for their Christmas mail out campaign - sort of a good patient outcome story.

Then on the 24th I'm doing a radio interview for Eastern Health, and talking about BCNA of course.

Finally on the 30th I'm holding a Pink morning tea for fundraising for BCNA at work.  I sent out a general email to everyone who works there and so far I've had a huge positive response.

I'm going to bake a big square sponge cake, fill it (with lovely double cream!) and then decorate it with a pink lady on top.  My workmates want me to cut the cake - so to speak -  to celebrate my anniversary.  It should be fun.

Lastly my cookbook is finished and at the printers (as I blogged before) and that will be selling soon.

I'll post a photo of the mini fields in a minute.

cheers for now

luv to all

H

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG, you are doing alot for the cause.Not sure how you are finding time to work. But they do say if you want something done give it to a busy person. Good on you for putting yourself out there -it's not always easy but I think you are really getting the hang of it! I will check out your photos.Good luck with the fundraising.

luv Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG, you are doing alot for the cause.Not sure how you are finding time to work. But they do say if you want something done give it to a busy person. Good on you for putting yourself out there -it's not always easy but I think you are really getting the hang of it! I will check out your photos.Good luck with the fundraising.

luv Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    edited March 2015
    Options

luv Tonya xx