Joy2471

Options
Joy2471
Joy2471 Member Posts: 18
edited October 2012 in Day to day

Hi Everyone,

my passion is card making and scrapbooking. My beautiful daughter has just passed away from breast cancer, she had a project that she made thank you cards and donated to the oncology unit at the hospital that she was being treated at. I will be carrying on this and would like to advance the card making craft further to help the BCNA Australia. Has anyone any suggestions. Maybe we can form a craft group with fundraising in mind.

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter but welcome to this group.The photo of your card is just lovely and I'm sure this is a worthwhile hobby to continue for the oncology ward. I am just starting scrap booking so any hints or photos of your work will be appreciated.

Tonya xx

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter but welcome to this group.The photo of your card is just lovely and I'm sure this is a worthwhile hobby to continue for the oncology ward. I am just starting scrap booking so any hints or photos of your work will be appreciated.

Tonya xx

• Joy2471
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di,

So glad  to find someone with the same interests, thanks for your speedy response.  I live in SA about 50km north of Adelaide where do yo reside!

My Daughter was a Stampin -Up demonstrator and this is one of the many crafts we shared over the years. I have now joined Stampin Up so her customers have somewhere to place orders. We have a group of about 5 that have offered to help to keep Karen's cards for the Hospital going. I will be arranging a meeting with them later this month to through around a few ideas and hopefully get a few as to how we can extend this. I am at the moment working on some Xmas Cards.

Joy xx

• Joy2471
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank You for your condolencese.

I began scrapbooking and ventured further to making cards but I still do some scrapbooking. I'm still trying to find my way around this site at the moment so please bear with me, I'm sure it is simple. I will upload from time to time and help with any questions if I can. Cards can be used as an inspirartion for embelishments for your pages.

Joyxx

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to the group Joy and my sincere condolences regarding the passing of your daughter's.  I think you're wonderful to continue on her craft in her name.  I'm sure she would be proud of you for doing so.

I have a group called "Fundraising" which I'd love you to join as the idea of this group is to use our craft skills to fundraise for BCNA, Hospitals etc.

I'm not sure where you're located, but I would be interested in purchasing some Christmas cards from you as I need some for a fundraiser I'm holding myself in November for the hospital that treated me.

It is a Christmas Themed trivia night and I need some Chrissy cards to sell...but only if you want to - no hassles if you don't.

Anyway I hope you get lots of happiness from this group and I hope to hear back from you soon.

luv H (aka Helen anne)

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Welcome to the group Joy and my sincere condolences regarding the passing of your daughter's.  I think you're wonderful to continue on her craft in her name.  I'm sure she would be proud of you for doing so.

I have a group called "Fundraising" which I'd love you to join as the idea of this group is to use our craft skills to fundraise for BCNA, Hospitals etc.

I'm not sure where you're located, but I would be interested in purchasing some Christmas cards from you as I need some for a fundraiser I'm holding myself in November for the hospital that treated me.

It is a Christmas Themed trivia night and I need some Chrissy cards to sell...but only if you want to - no hassles if you don't.

Anyway I hope you get lots of happiness from this group and I hope to hear back from you soon.

luv H (aka Helen anne)

• Joy2471
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you for you kind thoughts, my daughter and were very close more like bests friends than Mother and Daughter and I will miss her terribly but we were fortunate to have time together and say all we needed to each other before her passing. I told her I would not let her craft supplies go to waste and that I would continue to support Breast Cancer. I also told her that she had better be giving me inspiration from above and she laughed.

I am in SA about 50km north of Adelaide. Some of Karen's customers [Karen was a Stampin Up Demonstrator] have said they will support me so I am still in the process of organizing the group to make cards and also organizing outlets to sell them. So much to do. I would love to be able to support you with Xmas Cards if I can, how many would you be looking for?

I'm still finding my way around this site and yes I would like to join your "Fundraising" group but how do I do that!!

Love Joy

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a delight it was to read your answer .... I can feel over cyber space how close you and your daughter were....and I'm glad a little humour came into the equation with her response to your "inspiration from above' comment!   I used humour alot to get through all this and always thought and said positive things - not so much to help myself, but mainly to help those around me like family cope.

I'm so glad you like the idea of joining the group Fundraising.  I think once we get quite a few of us we can start hashing around some ideas and give each other some inspiration so we can get out to raise breast cancer awareness and funds.  Setting up your card making group for instance is a prime example of what I'm talking about - well done!  I know it takes alot of work but this is where I figure that if you get stuck or are not sure what to do - you can throw the question out there to us in the group and we can all give each other feeback.  I think that would be really helpful.

To join the group all you need do is type Fundraising under search.  However I shall try to invite you via the group first to make it easier.

If you don't receive an invite then do the search and find the group (other blogs may appear in the search results), click on the Fundraising group and you will see a button that says 'join'.  Just click that.  It's a public group - meaning that it's open to all and therefore you will gain automatic entry into the group.

If you have any trouble just let me know.

In terms of the Christmas cards I'm looking for around 40, but if you don't have them don't worry.  It's just because the trivia night is Christmas themed that I thought I could sell cards there and forward the proceedings from selling those to BCNA.  Every little bit helps.

I'll just now try to invite you to the group.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

cheers and take care

luv H

• Joy2471
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks I think the link worked to "Fundraising" I am planning to meet with the card group at the end of the month so I probably won't be able to commit to supplying cards for you until I speak with the girls and see what we can do. They would be $2 each. What date did you need them by.

Luv Joy

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

That's fantastic Joy!  Thank you so much, but really I don't want to be a bother...only if you and your friends can make the cards  - please don't stress if you can't.  But $2.00 ea is fantastic and I can afford that.

I would need to have them here in Melbourne Victoria by November 10th or a few days after that.  The fundraising night is on November 17th.

I'm glad the invite worked!  I'm looking forward to getting this group up and running soon. 

Do take care.

luv H

• Joy2471
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Helen Anne

I hope you are keeping well. I have been in contact with the girls in my group and yes we can supply you with 40 Xmas cards by the time you need them. This will be a good start for our own fundraising thank you for the order.

Love, Joy

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Joy

I'm thrilled your group can make the cards in time for my fundraiser.

Please just let me know how much you would like for them and then I can send you my address etc to send them to with a cheque if that's ok.

Thank you again and regards to all in your group!

luv H

• Joy2471
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi, Helen Anne

I quoted you at $2 each and that still stands but I will need to charge for postage if that's OK. I will check out the cost of postage in the next couple of days, shouldn't be too much. I feel better about a cheque as I was a little reluctant to give my banking details on the blog. I can email you with them if you prefer to direct deposit into my account and save money on a cheque. But you will need to send me your email address. We will work all the details out. So glad we can help each other.

Love,Joy