Airport to hotels and back again

Options
ShirlO
ShirlO Member Posts: 350
edited September 2012 in Day to day

I sent an e.m to our organisers to ask if transfers from airport to hotels and back again was organised the same as at the 2011 sumit in Melbourne...but this year it's up to us to organise ourselves ... which is fine with me,

I rang the Metro hotel Sydney Centre tonight and they gave me three alternatives:-

1 ....... cab from airport approx $45 depending on traffic .... ok if sharing with others

2 ....... city train link to Central Station then short walk or cab ride to hotel approx $20

3 ..... Shutte bus from airport to door of hotel .... $14.  Bus can be booked for return trip for booking out.

Third alternative looks good to me.  Thought some of you "bushies" like me might be glad of the info.

See you all in Sydney

Luv Shirl x0x

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sharon, from what the people at Metro told me, there is a timetable at the airport, buses leave every 20mins or so.  We can book for the return trip to the airport with the hotel reception.

Maybe between now and then we can post here our plane arrival times and work something out.

Looking forward  to it all

Luv Shirl x0x

• Phoenixchick
    Phoenixchick Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2015
    Options

I forgot to mention that I reckon the train is often quicker than taxi. No queuing. No peak hour traffic to worry about.  It runs very frequntly and takes about 15 or 20 mins.

• Phoenixchick
    Phoenixchick Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2015
    Options

I forgot to mention that I reckon the train is often quicker than taxi. No queuing. No peak hour traffic to worry about.  It runs very frequntly and takes about 15 or 20 mins.

• Dancing with Ned 2002
    Dancing with Ned 2002 Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

OMG I'm coming from a town that doesn't even have public bus system:) lol...can just imagine me navigating the Sydney train lines with bag in tow...thanks but maybe on the way in shuttle or taxi it will be for me:)

Sharon.

Flying over Wednesday - arriving 6.25pm

• Dayna
    Dayna Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Shirl for your very useful information.  I don't know what I was expecting to do but I do now.  Can't wait.  Dayna.

• Dayna
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Shirl for your very useful information.  I don't know what I was expecting to do but I do now.  Can't wait.  Dayna.

• Dayna
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sharon

I am also flying over on Wed 24th and arrival time in Sydney is 6.25pm so at least there will be two of us at the airport together.  Where will you be flying from?  I am coming from Perth via Geraldton.

I am thinking taxi as I am a chicken and will rely on the taxi driver to find my hotel for me..............

What hotel you staying at, I will be at the Metro.

I am with you girlfriend, no public transport in my hic lil country town hee hee.  Where are you from?

Mich xoxo

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Shirl

I also staying at Metro and coming from Perth and arriving on the Wed 24th at 6.26pm.

Not sure where you are from or when you arriving but hopefully we can catch up at hotel or something. 

Mich xoxo

• Dancing with Ned 2002
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Mich...thanks for the PM...see you at the airport!

• Dancing with Ned 2002
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Mich, I'm in Esperance so opposite ends from Perth...I'm at the Metro too:) talk soon x

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies,

I recently went to Sydney and cought the train from the Airport. I found it quite easy and used the following website which helped - http://www.airportlink.com.au/

I hope this helps as well.

Cheers
    Daina

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

A great website, thanks for that Daina.  Still not sure about the train but will have a good look at it.

Ta.

Mich xoxo

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Danielle, I hope you are well? It will be great to see you at the conference! :-)

I think dressing in Pink on your way to the conference is a great idea! You will stand out and feel comforetable to tap someone else on the shoulder and just ask :-)

• danielle ghilardi
    danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Daina,
    I know I can't wait to see you all. I hope you will have a photo of the beautiful Amanda and her precious little boy to show us???? Please????
    When I come down to Melbourne it is always so easy to link up with the other women at the airport as you say there is always a pin or something pink that gives us away :)
    It can be very daunting in a big city alone so I encourage anyone who is not familiar with Sydney to wear a little pink.
    I am so excited!!!! I was meant to be paddling at the regatta but am unable to this year so the cOnference has taken that dissappointment away.
    :):):):):):)